Galveston testing facilities near the cruise port

Nancy8250

I will be flying in to Houston and travelling to Galveston two days before my Cruise on the Dream.  I will be staying at the Best Western Plus Seawall.  Does anyone have any recommendations for me to schedule my  Covid test at?  I had to have one in September in order to go to Aruba, but, I was able to have it done here in NY.

Sailing out of Galveston on AOS Monday , having a hard finding a location that offers the antigen rapid test, I have a PCR test set for tomorrow but I do not trust getting my results on time, are  there any locations in Galveston that offer the antigen test,thanks

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Cruiser Nonna said:

Thanks for the information - we are also out of state - UTMB - is there a telephone number someone could share and where they are located and any other information that was of help to you.  Thank you so much - Stay well and safe

Monday-Friday, 7:30 am-5:30 pm, 400 Harborside, Suite 102, 409-747-6920

On 2/21/2022 at 3:48 PM, cruiseguy1016 said:

Bumping this to the top to get current information. We'll be sailing on March 20th. Looking for a place that offers (free?) testing to cruise ship passengers. Is UTMB still the place to go?

I don't know if UTMB is free and never stated it was free; only a place to go for testing.  We are patients of the facility with insurance coverage.  All entities on the island charge.  The free test site on Market St. closed in January.