Future Cruise Credit

smeck

It’s been three weeks since I cancelled my cruise. I have received credit for my cruise planner purchases but not my cruise fare.  How long

has your wait been?  I need it by Feb 25th to pay my fare for the replacement cruise. 

49 minutes ago, smeck said:

It’s been three weeks since I cancelled my cruise. I have received credit for my cruise planner purchases but not my cruise fare.  How long

has your wait been?  I need it by Feb 25th to pay my fare for the replacement cruise. 

I've had vlients wait 3 months and others 30 days.  There is no set answer. 

50 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I've had vlients wait 3 months and others 30 days.  There is no set answer. 

I recently canceled a Feb-March B2B because of uncertainties about covid.  Because I had booked with NRD ($1,000 total), I thought I could only get FCCs, not a full refund.  Should I be pressing the TA to go back to RCCL and ask for a refund?  She said FCC was my only option, but I could really use the cash.  

3 minutes ago, Grandma Petania said:

I recently canceled a Feb-March B2B because of uncertainties about covid.  Because I had booked with NRD ($1,000 total), I thought I could only get FCCs, not a full refund.  Should I be pressing the TA to go back to RCCL and ask for a refund?  She said FCC was my only option, but I could really use the cash.  

An fcc is your only option.  Refunds are only for sailings through Jan 31 if you know how to ask.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I've waited up to 4 months for some, but I called to make a final payment and said I wanted the FCC I was waiting for applied to it. They were able to pull it up and apply it. Did this twice successfully.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

An fcc is your only option.  Refunds are only for sailings through Jan 31 if you know how to ask.

Thanks!  I guess I was misreading some of the posts.  I don't mind having the FCCs, and I hope things become more "normal" so I can use them.

They will tell you to wait 30 days.  If you don’t have it by that time, you can call and check on it.  Sometimes they have already been issued, by were never sent out.  Especially if you booked through a TA who never gave the cruise line your email address.  

If you need the FCC to pay for anther cruise, they can create and apply it while you are on the phone.  But they will usually ask that you wait until a day or so before final is due.