March cruises

Funtravel66

What are your thoughts on March?  Since February cruises were canceled, and the ship has not moved yet,  do you think we will go?  We were scheduled last year, but canceled of course. This has been a trip of a lifetime planned for us for a while. I’m a planner, and this uncertainty drives me nuts!  Lol You would think  I would be used to it by now….   Some people say there is no way it will go while others are completely the opposite. I realize no one knows for sure I just was checking to see what other people were feeling. 

• Thanks 1

A 10-day, a 7-day charter, and a 12-day, all around Polynesia before the 18-day Papeete back to LA seems just barely worth taking the ship all the way down to Polynesia.  But they do need to get in shape for the Alaska season…. Seems 50/50 to me.

Viking Orion is due into Papeete in a couple of days.

There is a live from thread on the Viking forum.

Insignia is due into FP near the end of this month, so you can keep an eye on their experience.

One unknown factor at this stage  for Regatta to do this reposition is crew.

If the crewing situation is good then it may be worth their while in doing these trips.

If crewing is tight and they are needed for other ships that may become a factor.

• Like 2

Following. . . . we are booked on the March 25th sailing, and this is also a repeat try for us in FP, as our first time was cancelled in March, 2020.  I am closely watching the entry requirements for FP, as the 24 hour PCR test seems so complicated and difficult.  If O is going to cancel, I just hope they do it sooner, rather than later, so we can jump on something else. 

• Like 1

My crystal ball isn't working but my instincts tell me 50-50.  I am speculating that a major determining factor will be if O can assemble a crew for the Regatta. The strict entry requirements for FP is another hurdle.

I have rescheduled this from March 2021 and it looks like 2023 is sold out. I've arranged my work schedule around this trip which I know is inconsequential to O but if they're going to cancel I hope they give us as much notice as possible.  If it's canceled, that's it for me. I won't reschedule for 2024. The ship is still anchored off of Long Beach.  I have no idea what that means with 7 weeks to go.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Funtravel66 said:

What’s the deal with the health pass?  Are they now requiring you get a booster for this? And so if you were on a cruise, stopping at all of the different islands, is this something you have to have?

On the  "Update on Insignia post Hawaii" thread, post #17 is a kind offer from someone onboard who has said they will try to answer questions.

They are due into FP  at the end of this month.

You could ask them when they get the current information. 

Edited by Tranquility Base