Oasis Chartered Cruise During Covid…Do they have to Follow the same Covid Protocols?

BennyBrun

29 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Wow! Irresponsible! Both passengers and charter co.  I feel sorry for the crew.  Imagine trying to police this crowd!

I agree except I think that Royal is not protecting the crew to try to keep them healthy.  I can’t even imagine so many people at one section of the ship and they need beverage service.  It is unfair to the crew and Royal knows that after the charter they go right back to their regularly scheduled cruises so it will most likely have an impact on the subsequent cruises.  I do like all the health and safety protocols that they put out there and I have been on a few cruises since it reopened one in Christmas time and it was nothing like the picture I saw posted on here.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Sigma Cruiser said:

I have asked these questions for over 3 weeks now. Some posts/threads have been deleted and others no interest at all. I am on the very next cruise following this chartered cruise. I got a bad feeling about this as the testing requirement was fulfilled on Friday. Yet, a great majority of these passengers were partying both Friday and Saturday nights in Miami. I assume some of these party locations in Miami/South Beach don't have social distancing and masking rules. So these same majority of passengers get on Oasis and start partying from Sunday through Saturday. If anyone believes this cruise will end with a 50 passenger and 35 crew covid positive result, you are truly wishing upon a star for decent results. I hope Royal has 200 + crew ready to be moved to Oasis on January 23rd. Just my opinion. Yet we will just have to wait and see. Buying more popcorn today and awaiting social media and CC posts daily.

We’re on the 23rd sailing as well….definitely worried about the crew, and then missing activities because of this sailing. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

These Atlantis cruises are known for Social Interaction not Social Distancing.

I looked at the picture you posted and thought it must be from a pre-Covid cruise.

But I just read an article about this charter and now I believe that picture really is from this week 😱.

That is just wrong in every way.  It’s not fair to the crew, the communities all those people will return to, all the passengers on the next sailing, etc.

I can’t imagine how many crew members will be positive during the next week or so from this charter.  I can’t understand why Royal would allow a charter to behave in this irresponsible manner.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/14/travel/gay-cruise-atlantis-covid.html

• Like 6

I am in the same “boat” as you but on a different line. We are supposed to be going to French Polynesia in March. The week before our cruise there is a charter through LLV club, which is swingers. I don’t care about that, I care about what this is going to do to the crew, etc.. That cruise disembarks and we embark same day. Guarantee that charter is the same as the one you are looking at now. All social interaction and no masks and distancing at all. It is even advertised with indoor and outdoor play rooms.  We don’t know what to do. We have look forward to this trip for two years

• Like 2

3 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

Found this on the *gram. Current Oasis party

OOS-Atlantis.png

And football games are any different why???? Tons of people packed into stadiums, no masks, and no one says a word - but god forbid it is a cruise ship and it is DEATH for certain or so some people think.  We have been cruising since August again and will be totally happy when the ships and full again and no masks have to be worn.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I feel like this… if I I am required to be vaccinated, social distance, and wear a mask, then the same rules should apply to everyone. No one’s money is any different than anyone else’s. That’s my opinion. It’s funny, things do change. Like I said I’m vaccinated, and when I went to the doctor in December for my wellness check, hardly anyone had on a mask in the waiting room. I went today for my booster to the same doctor, and every single person in there was wearing a mask. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, karena1 said:

And football games are any different why???? Tons of people packed into stadiums, no masks, and no one says a word - but god forbid it is a cruise ship and it is DEATH for certain or so some people think.  We have been cruising since August again and will be totally happy when the ships and full again and no masks have to be worn.  

It is different. Because after the game everyone leaves. Not on a cruise ship! It impacts staff and guests! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

It is different. Because after the game everyone leaves. Not on a cruise ship! It impacts staff and guests! 

It really does not matter, if you are exposed, you are exposed.  The cruise industry has been crucified for too long, it is time for it to stop.

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

so  everyone leaves the game and theres zero chance they were infected  at the game and infect employees and others at food joints, old age homes to visit relatives, child care etc. ? didnt know that (insert scratching head emoji).

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

Only cruising die hards know anything about this 1 week cruise. I can think of a handful of more significant things impacting their image right about now.

Social distancing and cruises booked under capacity should be a main goal. Picture of so many people on the aft of Oasis raises a red flag.  Feel so sorry for the staff working onboard and cruisers on the next cruise.

Edited by coaster
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

so  everyone leaves the game and theres zero chance they were infected  at the game and infect employees and others at food joints, old age homes to visit relatives, child care etc. ? didnt know that (insert scratching head emoji).

Exactly!!!

On 1/17/2022 at 3:45 PM, Sigma Cruiser said:

I have asked these questions for over 3 weeks now. Some posts/threads have been deleted and others no interest at all. I am on the very next cruise following this chartered cruise. I got a bad feeling about this as the testing requirement was fulfilled on Friday. Yet, a great majority of these passengers were partying both Friday and Saturday nights in Miami. I assume some of these party locations in Miami/South Beach don't have social distancing and masking rules. So these same majority of passengers get on Oasis and start partying from Sunday through Saturday. If anyone believes this cruise will end with a 50 passenger and 35 crew covid positive result, you are truly wishing upon a star for decent results. I hope Royal has 200 + crew ready to be moved to Oasis on January 23rd. Just my opinion. Yet we will just have to wait and see. Buying more popcorn today and awaiting social media and CC posts daily.

I would make sure the room is scrubbed down well!   I read an article about that week and the passengers are unabashed about what will be happening including even discussing amount of illegal drugs that will be onboard.  I won’t mention what else was discussed.    I would not want to be on the week after that one.  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5500 on board. 100% capacity. I DAY AFTER  Now the thing about Omnicron is its 3 times more contagious.  Its not as serious if you are vaxed and get a breakthrough case but you can pass it to both vaxed and unvaxed who might have underlying conditions or immunity issues.  Oh and as for the CDC protections.  They literally scheduled the cruise for the day after the expiration of the CDC mandates  So no masks or social distancing.

More below.

http://www.back2stonewall.com/2022/01/atlantis-events-holds-anniversary-cruise-crams-over-5000-people-on-board-during-covid.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1