Does the HAL website actually work?

LindaJ+

I have tried on a couple occasions to purchase the cruise protection plan insurance and get an error code when it comes to paying for it.  Haven't tried to book any excursions yet but I wonder if I'll have the same problem.

A couple of weeks ago I called HAL with a question prior to making my final payment. I was also going to add insurance and make my final payment on the website. I was told that THEY had to add the insurance and that I could not do it myself. So I went ahead and had them do it and made my final payment over the phone. Since then I have booked a couple of shore excursions, as I always have, with no problems whatsoever. 

My experience was similar to that of @gomama5996. I had a couple of failed attempts online for making final payment and adding CPP by final payment date of December 27. I telephoned HAL and was also told that they had to add the protection plan and that I could not do it myself. Made final payment and added CPP over the phone. I received email receipt within minutes. Subsequently had no issues making my reservations for specialty dining and excursions online HAL site.

I've found the website very hit and miss. It's rather frustrating. Log out, log in, change browsers, log in. My personal rep sometimes takes days to call me back. I wanted to make final payment so was getting a bit anxious. She told me that there are staffing shortages, covid sickness and even the errors that pop up on the HAL website are due to the backend website technicians being out sick. I guess everybody is doing the best they can during these times. Today I actually managed to make dinner reservations at Pinnacle Steakhouse for our May cruise on the website, and made sure to print out the confirmation, just in case there's a problem when we get there and it's "disappeared" from my online booking! Just keep trying, and be gracious, everyone is doing the best they can during these Covid times...