Planning For Encore

snaefell

Just doing some early planning for a cruise on Encore in 2023,from what I have read pretty good reviews on balcony cabins & was wondering if there was any point in going for a suite,in your opinion guys are there any benefits of doing this that make it worthwhile paying the extra if a normal balcony cabin is good enough?

3 hours ago, snaefell said:

Just doing some early planning for a cruise on Encore in 2023,from what I have read pretty good reviews on balcony cabins & was wondering if there was any point in going for a suite,in your opinion guys are there any benefits of doing this that make it worthwhile paying the extra if a normal balcony cabin is good enough?

Suite = Haven on the Encore. And it is like flying in coach vs super deluxe first class. Only worth it if you want luxury. Also a $10K price difference. 

Edited by BirdTravels

Tough call . More than half of our sailings have been in a suite  , But since DelRio took over the cost has sky rocketed . Back in the day $250 a night pp was doable for a nice suit , not anymore.

For me the top perks were getting on and off the ship followed by a big balcony and extra space .

rarely used the concierge or the butler , but still tipped them well .  This past week we did 3 Aft facing balconies ( nice size) and one side aft . The whole nut was under 10k$ on the Encore . So to answer your question , Its currently not worth it to Me . We had a great time on an empty ship ( 33% capacity )..  Of course we missed most of our ports ..lol

We had a balcony on the Encore this past December. 10244 was our cabin number.  It was tight going around the bed.  Next time we will get a Club Balcony Suite. More room.  More perks. We liked the laundry special on the Encore $29.00 for a bag full.The shower is bigger also with a CBS! Plus!! I believe in the Club Balcony suite is free laundry bag. We had this type of cabin on the Getaway CBS. Loved it! No more balcony cabins for us. Only Club Balcony Suite from now on.  Yes you pay big time for the better cabin. But its so worth it!

Thanks for your input guys,we have had suites on our last 2 cruises,really found the priority check in to be really useful in both cases,as well as priority at 'tender served' ports,like others we didn't make much use of the butler service,from first impressions the price difference we are being quoted for a suite over a regular balcony cabin doesn't seem that great so it seems a good idea!

Thanks again guys,stay safe!

7 hours ago, cruisekitty22 said:

We had a balcony on the Encore this past December. 10244 was our cabin number.  It was tight going around the bed.  Next time we will get a Club Balcony Suite. More room.  More perks. We liked the laundry special on the Encore $29.00 for a bag full.The shower is bigger also with a CBS! Plus!! I believe in the Club Balcony suite is free laundry bag. We had this type of cabin on the Getaway CBS. Loved it! No more balcony cabins for us. Only Club Balcony Suite from now on.  Yes you pay big time for the better cabin. But its so worth it!

On the Breakaway/Breakway-Plus class ships, the room size in a Balcony and Club Suite are just about the same. No noticeable difference. It would still be tight going around the bed. The only real difference is the size of the bathroom. 

We, personally, always book a Club Suite for the full size shower. As we have gotten older and less mobile, the bigger shower makes it a lot easier than a standard balcony shower. And we do splurge once or twice a year on a Haven room. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, norway olin said:

$10K for a club balcony suite on Encore?

I think that was if they upgraded from the mini to a full-on Haven suite.

"worth it" all depends on where you're going, how many sea days you have, and what you enjoy doing during your trip. Folks who view their room as just a place to SS&S are better off saving their money. For those of us who are a bit of a recluse and like a place to escape all other people, the extra cost is worth the private sanctuary.

• Like 1