How does wine work on Princess?

FlaMariner

21 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

I'm the OP and thought I'd come back and pass along my experience......

We were on the 16 night Princess Sky TA.

There was no wine bottle package.  We asked at dinner in the MDR and were told no but we could buy wine by the bottle. 

We decided to pass on the $47 bottles and up......and decided on a dry cruise....Not what we really expected to do but it was funny how after the first night in the MDR and we were told no wine package, no-one every came by again to ask us if we wanted anything from the bar.  That was a first. 

Everyone seems to be all about wine by the glass and getting their paper cup speciality coffee cups......neither works for us.  

We cruised "dry" and enjoyed the free coffee at the lido buffet........

They were getting WBTG most likely because they were on the PLUS package which includes up to 15 alcohol drinks per day.  WBTG is included, but bottles are offered at 75% of menu price.

If you truly love wine, you will want to take a good look at the wine list and order by the bottle.  Most of the best wines on the list are only available by the bottle, and they really are excellent wines.  I am not sure who curated their wine selection but whoever did it knew what they were doing.  If you can't finish the bottle, the servers will be happy to work it and save it for the next day for you 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 8:33 AM, 2BACRUISER said:

When we go out or on holiday we have two bottles wine at dinner, a red for DH and a white for me every night, we will have the all inclusive package but I don't fancy the chances of the wine waiter keeping up with us serving by the glass??  There's roughly 6 glasses of wine in a bottle so why can't you have a bottle and get 6 drinks took off your 15 quota?? 

6 glasses? Only if they are VERY small glasses. One bottle is 3 x 250ml glasses or 4 and a splash x 175ml glasses

On 1/20/2022 at 7:42 AM, FlaMariner said:

Any intel on the prices of these "secret" wine packages and also give me an idea of what a single bottle of wine costs?  Can I get wine for $25 to $30/bottle?

(trying to figure out the biz case of corkage vs buying Princess wine....and yes, not stressful but seriously contemplating a dry cruise and tossing my medallion in the Atlantic on day 1...not feeling it but trying to remain open and curious...LOL...first world problems)

I know this is an older post but I'm preparing for my first upcoming Princess cruise and I couldn't agree more. It's all rather involved with the medallion. There is no way Granny would've been able to do this 20 years ago.