Carnival Mardi Gras - 1/22 Sailing live

IntrepidFromDC

6 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Getting ready for the Oasis?

Yeap!  My first B2B I freed ( Mardi Gras memories are now locked safely in the cloud) up some space in my iPhone for the massive amount of candid pictures I plan to take 😝 so grab a drink and get ready for the virtual cruise!  It’s going to be a long one!   Also it will be the first time that Cruise Critic Meet & Greet will return on the Oasis with Royal involvement.  Unfortunately I can’t seem to register through the US or the UK link so I will be crashing the M&G.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

We got cookies delivered, I'm guessing cuz of Premier,  not Platinum.  I tried a chocolate chip. Pretty good,  not great.

20220125_160227.jpg

Is it me or did the big cookie in the foreground toss his cookies?  Cookie on cookie crime!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Rudis Sea Grill didn't disappoint! 

20220122_163029.jpg

20220125_210327.jpg

20220125_210922.jpg

20220125_214952.jpg

20220125_215011.jpg

20220125_220826.jpg

Crab stuffed lobster with whole carrots side and key lime pie.  Your daughter had calamari appetizer. You had the lobster bisque in the video. Any disappointing courses?

Edited by SNJCruisers

Balmy 84 in Roatan today. Does anyone know the name of the unique palm tree in one photo below?  It was impressive.  The walk back from the beach is nice because you pass through a small forest with animal sounds and it's about 10 degrees cooler and shady. The beach itself is deceptively welcoming- lots of small sharp shells and rocks mixed with the sand and water shoes don't help because the water churns them right into your water shoe. 

20220126_140434.jpg

20220126_141927.jpg

20220126_144849.jpg

20220126_145254.jpg

20220126_145446.jpg

20220126_150507.jpg

20220126_145953.jpg

• Like 5

I finally realized what was bugging me about Big Chicken... the sauces are crap!  Today I grabbed a big chicken breast sandwich with nothing on it and headed to Blue Iguana for that yummy orange habanero salsa and it's a match made in heaven!  Although it was hard to pass up the leg of lamb on the buffet...

20220126_141706.jpg

20220126_141402.jpg

• Like 5

A few more food choices we haven't tried yet pictured below, but having heard a couple rave reviews on the  shawarma we will not miss it. I've passed Emeril's about 10 times and the most people I've ever seen eating is 4.  Last pic is actually the beach bar.

20220126_144041.jpg

20220126_143703.jpg

20220126_143545.jpg

20220126_143718.jpg

20220126_141410.jpg

20220126_143527.jpg

20220126_150223.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I finally realized what was bugging me about Big Chicken... the sauces are crap!  Today I grabbed a big chicken breast sandwich with nothing on it and headed to Blue Iguana for that yummy orange habanero salsa and it's a match made in heaven!  Although it was hard to pass up the leg of lamb on the buffet...

20220126_141706.jpg

That's funny, our friend was whining because they didn't have any sauces out at breakfast time.  Meanwhile, I'd already discovered the chicken tenders were so good I didn't need to mess them up with any sauce at all.  🤣

• Like 2

The "Palm Tree" you are asking about

RAVENALA MADAGASCARIENSIS

This famous Banana relative is not a palm at all, despite its common name, and is a popular ornamental in tropical regions. The leaf arrangement gives the entire plant the appearance of a huge fan. The Madagascan Travelers Palm derives its name from its capacity to hold water in the leaf bases for long periods of time after a rainfall, allegedly providing water for weary travelers, even during a drought.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today I grabbed a big chicken breast sandwich with nothing on it and headed to Blue Iguana for that yummy orange habanero salsa and it's a match made in heaven!  

I made that suggestion to someone on a previous MG thread.  On February 5 that is my game plan for lunch, one breaded and one naked, both with the habanero.  If two of the ramekins filled with that orange goodness is applicable for a Blue Iguana 🌯, then they will surely bring the heat to Shaq's chicken.

• Like 1

20220126_141706.jpg

20220126_141402.jpg

At the Alchemy, at 2 weeks ago on the Liberty 🗽, they had haberno vodka 😳 

I actually had a fireball shot that included "essence" of haberno vodka in it. Any more than that and you are required to sign a waiver...

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

At the Alchemy, at 2 weeks ago on the Liberty 🗽, they had haberno vodka 😳 

I actually had a fireball shot that included "essence" of haberno vodka in it. Any more than that and you are required to sign a waiver...

They make it themselves.  On a Horizon cruise back in 2018, they put a few chopped up habaneros in a bottle of Silver Patron that I requested on day one.  Starting on day three, I had many spicy margaritas.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 2:06 AM, mondello said:

I remember posts about brief power outages on Mardi Gras last summer. Has that ever happened anymore since then?

Late reply on this, but we had a brief outage -- maybe 5 minutes? -- on Mardi Gras back in mid-October.  

We had an aft balcony and I got quick photos of the ship's wake under just momentum with no propulsion running, and then another just after the motors restarted.  I don't expect to see THAT again anytime soon!  

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Pellaz said:

Late reply on this, but we had a brief outage -- maybe 5 minutes? -- on Mardi Gras back in mid-October.  

We had an aft balcony and I got quick photos of the ship's wake under just momentum with no propulsion running, and then another just after the motors restarted.  I don't expect to see THAT again anytime soon!  

No power outages on this cruise. 

We tried Emeril's.  Fried oysters were yummy but the meat pies tasted like something out of the freezer.  Meat had little flavor,  pie crust was nothing special  and spice was lacking,  I think I tasted white pepper and not much else.  I would return for the oysters. 

Screenshot_20220127-131302_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3