Virgin Cruises Loyalty Program

OarToOar

Hi, maybe i am being stupid but doing some research i can't find any kind of loyalty or frequent cruiser program on Virgin Cruises. 

Is there one, i just can't find any details for, or have they for some reason decided not to have one? 

• Like 1

There was a program designed for Sailors on their very first 2021 sailings called the "Sea Blazers", which include benefits that last for life, but as far as a regular, points based loyalty program, I haven't seen anything...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Seems they are still working on integrating lots of things.  I was surprised when the rep told me that they don't have any connections with Virgin Airways (or any other airline) and the could just do the same on line look ups that I was able to do on my own regarding flights.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cantgetin said:

I was surprised when the rep told me that they don't have any connections with Virgin Airways

I mean, Virgin Group is a minority shareholder in Virgin Voyages and owns only like 51% of Virgin Atlantic and I think just 5% of Virgin Australia. I would think of the Virgin name as more of a marketing aspect than a close connection to the rest of the group. I expect they will join Virgin Red eventually, but even then, I don't know how much of a relationship I would expect for them to have with the other Virgin brands beyond mutual marketing opportunities, etc. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The agent I spoke with said that they currently have no affiliation with Virgin Air, etc.  He seemed to think that they would be linking things up in the future, but for now there was no mention of a loyalty program or an affiliation with other Virgin products.

• Like 1

That is the one interesting aspect for VV as cruise lines really push loyalty programs to create repeat buyers. Without any incentive to come back, why would we choose Virgin when we can select any number of ships in the same region? Especially here in Florida. It does seem strange when Virgin has an ad out with Richard Branson touting that you can go anywhere on earth or in space via Virgin, but the airlines are not connected with the cruise line. At the very least you would think there where would be some sort of loyalty program connecting the various Virgin travel brands.

They've had two years to think about this one while waiting to sail. 🙂 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Necro bump.

I haven't sailed with VV. It is refreshing that they don't have a loyalty program. All these tiers and people walking around like they are better than you because of the color of their card. It's really stupid imho.

• Like 3

Other lines include "perks" like complimentary wifi or specialty dining in their loyalty programs.  Since VV includes that in all cruise fares, I'm not sure what they would add....maybe some Sailor's loot or a merchandise discount.  I agree that colored lanyards or cards are dumb, but I don't object to being offered a nice dinner.

The only thing I'm aware of on VV is a rebooking while on board program which has supposedly changed 4 times since October 2021 per my "First Mate."

• Like 3

I'm onboard now, and they've actually had a few Q&A sessions with leaders and former leaders across Virgin Group this week.  The other day, the CEO of Virgin Group noted that they're in the process of launching their Virgin Red loyalty program in the US.  I think it's already in the US with hotels, and they're expanding to VV at some point either this year or next. 

Not sure what it'll look like or what the perks will be, but it seems more focused on building loyalty across the Virgin brands (mobile, finance, hotels, air, etc.) - earning/using points across the ecosystem vs. chasing elite status clout. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, DrSea said:

I haven't sailed with VV. It is refreshing that they don't have a loyalty program. All these tiers and people walking around like they are better than you because of the color of their card. It's really stupid imho.

You get a different coloured wristband if you are in a Rockstar/Megarockstar (black instead of red). Didn't bother me, and really was just there to help staff with things like access to Richard's rooftop, just clarifying that it's there.

Personally I think it is odd they don't do something, purely because I think even minor incentives would help with loyalty/repeat bookings. I'm talking minor things like a small bonus on bar tab purchases (Sea Blazers get $50 apparently), little pandora style charms you could put on your wristband, a minor discount on spa services or premium WIFI, or the ability to book an event or a meal further in advance.

• Like 1

Last year I bagged myself a free 5 night cruise from the UK by paying for the cruise using my Virgin Points courtesy of Virgin Red.  I considered it to be a bargain and would happily welcome an offer like this to appear again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John84 said:

You get a different coloured wristband if you are in a Rockstar/Megarockstar (black instead of red). Didn't bother me, and really was just there to help staff with things like access to Richard's rooftop, just clarifying that it's there.

Personally I think it is odd they don't do something, purely because I think even minor incentives would help with loyalty/repeat bookings. I'm talking minor things like a small bonus on bar tab purchases (Sea Blazers get $50 apparently), little pandora style charms you could put on your wristband, a minor discount on spa services or premium WIFI, or the ability to book an event or a meal further in advance.

Sea Blazers received a purple band with a charm for onboard recognition and then you get "lifetime" bar tab promotion of $125 bonus for every $300 purchased in advance of sailing. 

15 hours ago, dippyblond said:

Last year I bagged myself a free 5 night cruise from the UK by paying for the cruise using my Virgin Points courtesy of Virgin Red.  I considered it to be a bargain and would happily welcome an offer like this to appear again.

It did happen again earlier this year (April/May) with both Valiant and Scarlet Lady offered at different rates.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/04/14/virgin-voyages-cruise-for-80000-virgin-points/

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/05/16/virgin-voyages-cruise-95000-virgin-points/

4 hours ago, jon81uk said:

It did happen again earlier this year (April/May) with both Valiant and Scarlet Lady offered at different rates.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/04/14/virgin-voyages-cruise-for-80000-virgin-points/

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/05/16/virgin-voyages-cruise-95000-virgin-points/

Yes I did see that - and it was a real bargain!  unfortunately I was too late but ..... after booking on cancelled resilient lady sailing I am more than happy with reimbursement received 😉

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 11:37 AM, John84 said:

Is there any difference between the wristbands for Rockstars and Mega-Rockstars? In my opinion, if I’m paying premium $$$’s to stay in a premium suite, I enjoy the status. 

1 hour ago, The_Force said:

Is there any difference between the wristbands for Rockstars and Mega-Rockstars? In my opinion, if I’m paying premium $$$’s to stay in a premium suite, I enjoy the status. 

some have said here that megas are black with gold hardware and regulars are black with silver hardware, but i've sailed as both, and they've always been black with gold ... or at least started off that way.  The gold finish wore off to plain silver after being in the pool/shower. womp womp.  

17 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

some have said here that megas are black with gold hardware and regulars are black with silver hardware, but i've sailed as both, and they've always been black with gold ... or at least started off that way.  The gold finish wore off to plain silver after being in the pool/shower. womp womp.  

Yes - someone on Facebook posted the opening of their wristband box yesterday and the bands were black with gold.  It also showed their luggage tags, and the room number they had is a Rockstar - not mega.

On 7/27/2022 at 3:08 PM, The_Force said:

I hope you're being sarcastic. There's no added benefit to being a "Mega Rockstar" except you get your bar refilled for no additional cost. All Rock Stars get use of Richard's Rooftop and the private golf carts at Bimini and a Rock Star Agent.  And every single person onboard gets the same benefits onboard the ship with the freebies.

As for the silver vs. gold on the wristbands, my wife and I had one of each for our Cheeky Corner Suite so there's no differentiation for the wristbands either. It's whatever color you get, it's on the black and red differentiator for Rock Star vs. Sailor. Honestly now that we've sailed Scarlet in a suite, we don't see any reason to book a suite again. The bar and turntable was nice, but since so much of the ship benefits are included for everyone, I don't see a reason to spend the extra money on a suite again. Yes I was able to bring the alcohol home after the cruise, but it was about $350 worth of liquor. And Richard's Rooftop was barely used because it's 98% sun when the ship is moving because they can't put up the umbrellas when its moving.

And honestly if you want to get into Richard's Rooftop, most anyone can, they really don't seem to check. Just follow someone in when they open the door, the crew most likely won't kick you out except maybe during the champagne party each night. 

1 hour ago, WheresWalter said:

Richard's Rooftop was barely used because it's 98% sun when the ship is moving because they can't put up the umbrellas when its moving.

We had shades up on sea days- they actually came around and asked us if we wanted them up. Guess it depends on the weather that day.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...