RU1 Cheers promo

maxydu

Hi......About 2 years ago I booked an 8 night cruise on the Horizon leaving April 30, 2022 under the "Cheers" RU1, promo. I used a travel agent. 

Long story short, due to the CDC guidelines and everything related to Covid as well as being a recent survivor of a triple bypass heart surgery, 

my wife and I decided to postpone our trip prior to final payment which is January 25. I anticipated a $50 pp penalty and a $400 Future Cruise Certificate. 

My TA told me he spoke to CCL who advised that I would loose my deposit and they would not offer a FCC in that I booked under the Cheers' promo. 

I can't find it anywhere. The deposit is non refundable but I'm not asking for one. I will not pay the final payment. Don't need a lecture but Any suggestions? 

The cancellation penalty you are talking about is specifically related to Early Saver offers ($50 penalty with the remainder as FCC).  With the RU1, it is a non-refundable deposit, meaning that you will lose all of your deposit.

I'm sorry you are having to miss out on your cruise!

Edited by Schoifmom

I have cancelled a few cruises, and each time instead of taking the penalty, I was able to move 100% of my funds (nonrefundable deposit, FCC, cc pymts and OBC) to a brand new booking.  It can't be an existing booking and just add to it; it had to be a brand new booking.  So I had put a cruise on hold and Carnival moved all my funds to that.  Have your TA call and see if that would work.  (And this is why I don't like using a TA; it just makes it more convoluted dealing with a middleman, especially since it is so much easier to deal directly with Carnival, just my opinion...)  :)