KEEP MY CABIN CLEAN MYSELF

abby1257

• 6 months later...
On 1/21/2022 at 2:35 PM, itching2cruiseagain said:

I do have another possible solution. Bring Lysol or some other disinfectant spray onboard. When you come back to your room after they have cleaned it, walk in masked and spray the room with Lysol. You could even spray the bedding. That should effectively kill any germs still lingering. 

Since Lysol is an aerosol (forbidden) how did you take it on board- checked bag or carry-on? 

On 1/21/2022 at 1:09 PM, abby1257 said:

OK, as stupid as this sounds, I have a cruise end of March and May.  With staff popping up sick with covid, I am really tempted to NOT have staff allowed in my cabin and clean it myself...I would only ask for fresh towels every day that I will get...I would take lysol wipes with me...Is this really way out there....

NO it is not way out there.  If this is your comfort level.  I clean everything myself when I board.  And we general just head him off in the hallway and ask for towels ourselves sometimes.  I like to keep interaction with others to a minimum in my room too.  The less stuff they touch with the same rags over and over the better.

We are extremely tidy people anyhow, and I make my bed each morning myself.  So we often just hand them towels to swap, or if going out tell them they can just leave fresh towels and change the garbage and we are good.

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 1