What is travel like with new restrictions, Britannia ?

Cruiseabc12345

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 4:23 PM, welshy74 said:

The covid protocol is a bit of a pain but did not have a negative impact on any of the cruises I took last year. 

1 -  Masks need to be worn when walking around the ship, except outside.  This is no different from the rules we have in Wales, and will continue to have, so I am pretty used to it now. 

2 - In the theatre masks need to be worn (obviously) and no eating or drinking (ex water).  Personally I like a drink whilst I am enjoying the show but was not a big deal. 

3 - When doing a quiz, you mark your own papers and cannot swap like you normally would.  beware of the cheating!!! haha

4 - this changes a bit but the buffet is mostly served.  Some was served, other items you could self serve. 

5 - You cannot sit at the bar.  No big deal for me

6 - bars are table service only.  This was a bit of an annoyance if you have to wait.  I just needed to be a bit more patient. 

7 - no more set times and tables and using the 'app' is a pain. 

Thanks very much for your response. It's so helpful. I broke my arm and I'm only know able to reply!! Thanks again for taking the time to help me out and sorry for delayed reply!

On 1/22/2022 at 6:10 PM, Son of Anarchy said:

There were no virtual queues for the buffet on Ventura last month.  Just wander in as usual, apart from keeping your mask on whilst not seated.

I think we only used the virtual queue once for the MDR in the evening.  All the other times we just turned up and either got in straight away or took a pager.  Longest wait we had with a pager was maybe 20 minutes.  Didn't use the virtual queue for MDR lunch either, always got in straight away.

Thanks very much for your response. Thats great to know. I broke my arm and I'm only know able to reply!! Thanks again for taking the time to help me out and sorry for delayed reply!

On 1/25/2022 at 6:26 PM, Bazrat said:

No 4 all self service now

No 7 app worked well both on iPhone and Android phone we had both

We did the TA in October last year 

Thanks very much for the response. I'm glad self service is back - I won't feel so self conscious taking a second or third piece of cake!! Thanks again for the feedback 

6 hours ago, Cruiseabc12345 said:

Thanks very much for the response. I'm glad self service is back - I won't feel so self conscious taking a second or third piece of cake!! Thanks again for the feedback 

My recommendation must be the muffins they were great

• Like 1