North Star on Ovation open?

I'm booked on Ovation OTS for the first time, on an Alaska cruise in May. The North Star looks interesting.

Is it currently open during the pandemic?

It seems like it would be quite the super-spreader attraction. Then again, maybe it's no worse than an elevator.

2 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

Is it currently open during the pandemic?

It was last season in Alaska and unless somehow broken, I expect it to work this season as well. Capacity is usually limited to much less than pre COVID. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

I was on the last 2 sailings to Alaska last year, and it was open then. They did have to cancel it a few times, due to weather, and both of mine were cancelled, so I will try again in May.

It was limited to 4 at a time.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Thanks 1

I was on Odyssey in November.  Since they haven’t been allowing entertainment reservations in advance through Cruise Planner, we also weren’t able to book North Star or iFly in advance.  We had a 2:00 boarding time, as we were driving down from Vero Beach that morning. 

Well unless you had a 12:00 or 12:30 boarding you weren’t able to get any of the complimentary reservations for North Star or iFly.  Those were all sold out.  However you could pay for either venue.  We opted not to pay, since we’d done them before. 

So if you are unable to book in advance, be sure to get the earliest boarding time.  

ALSO - I’m not complaining, had a fantastic cruise.  Just want to be sure OP has all the info. 

• Thanks 1

well on the Anthem for the free North Star, you could only do it the day of say around 8amish.

I think that is the fairer way than all the early birds grabbing up reservations on Odyssey.

Once they allow more than 4 or 6 in Northstar things should improve

On 1/22/2022 at 8:34 AM, Biker19 said:

It was last season in Alaska and unless somehow broken, I expect it to work this season as well. Capacity is usually limited to much less than pre COVID. 

On our Alaska cruise in August 2021 on the Ovation the North Star was not open. Very disappointing since this was one reason we booked this ship. iFly was not open either.