Testing positive within 14 days of cruise

PrincessCharlotte

In Ontario we can not get a Covid test if you are symptomatic. I have made many inquiries.  How would you prove to Celebrity that you tested positive for Covid so that you could cancel with a refund. I confirmed with Celebrity that if you were to test positive within 14 days of embarkation and can prove with an antigen or PCR test you would get a full refund. This isn’t possible if you live in Ontario. Anyone have any experience on how you would prove it ?

Edited by PrincessCharlotte

13 minutes ago, PrincessCharlotte said:

In Ontario we can not get a Covid test if you are symptomatic. I have made many inquiries.  How would you prove to Celebrity that you tested positive for Covid so that you could cancel with a refund. I confirmed with Celebrity that if you were to test positive within 14 days of embarkation and can prove with an antigen or PCR test you would get a full refund. This isn’t possible if you live in Ontario. Anyone have any experience on how you would prove it ?

PCR test agree.  Antigen testing being done.  Ontario just tested friends in Toronto.  They indicated they had been traveling.  Said they had "flu" symptoms.  Again the rules there have changed often.  Reading the Ontario rules (was just in BC) you need to say what the health people want to hear to get your test.  Lots of reasons to get an antigen test - been to areas that are covid hot spots, health issues,  age.  

When is your cruise?  Rules there have changed many many times.  A PCR test is not required

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

Can you book a rapid antigen test at a pharmacy for travel purposes and when it comes back positive submit that to Celebrity for your proof for refund?  It is on official pharmacy letterhead so I would think it would be acceptable.  It's been a few months since I have traveled but that was the process then, however realize that things are likely quite different now.  

A pharmacy is exactly what I need and it is acceptable. Unfortunately, I called about  a dozen today and they only offer asymptomatic testing not symptomatic. The last pharmacist I spoke to seemed knowledgeable and told me there are no pharmacies in Ontario offering symptomatic testing. 

Oh no!!   A good friend of mine is a pharmacist at a Shopper's Drug Mart and I was sure that she told me a couple of weeks ago that her boss (the owner) said that they were going to start testing symptomatic people??  I remember this specifically because my friend was mad about having to test symptomatic folks lol.  But that was a couple of weeks ago so seemingly things have changed.  A long shot but  I wonder if you could call the OPA or the OCP if they would have any information?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrincessCharlotte said:

I cannot help you with your question, but I am curious.  Are you saying that no one in Ontario can travel on a plane to any county requiring a negative Covid test?  

HI - Are you anywhere near Pearson airport? You can usually get an appt there if you are willing to pay for it. You may need to provide proof of a flight out to get one. If so, just book a fully refundable one so you can show them you have a flight then cancel it after.

(my kids live in Ontario and were able to get an appt to come visit us without a problem) 

Edited by janbear
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I cannot help you with your question, but I am curious.  Are you saying that no one in Ontario can travel on a plane to any county requiring a negative Covid test?  

If you are healthy you can go to a pharmacy and get a Covid test for travel purposes. If you are sick is where there is difficulty getting a test.

2 hours ago, PrincessCharlotte said:

If you are healthy you can go to a pharmacy and get a Covid test for travel purposes. If you are sick is where there is difficulty getting a test.

Thank you for the clarification as I misunderstood.

Seems bizarre to me, but I guess it keeps the reported positive Covid cases down.