Travellers to the US recently from the UK

Hi. I'm sorry to take us back but I need some help from UK travellers.  Do I have to take a supervised test ie via video for it to be accepted so I can get on my plane!  I can't find the answer to my specific question.  A site that offered supervised tests said you do but I've looked on the BA website and CDC website and it only says you need a test that can be verified but home tests that you send a picture to the supplier do that as well.  

This should be easy for somebody who has already flown.  Thanks in advance

There is a whole thread on this . When where etc for UK - called options for covid test pre cruise. Lots of advice from people recently travelled. 

Based on their advice we have booked a test at Heathrow morning we fly/ 2 days pre cruise - the one test will cover getting into US/ getting on cruise. Hope this helps 

Thanks you for replying - yes I looked on that thread as well. I don't have a problem getting a test it was just whether it needed to be supervised via video/in person or whether I could just send a picture of the officially ordered test.

I'll have another look at that site.  I'll also look into booking a test at Heathrow.