APEX 02/26-03/05 2022 Retreat, Eastern Caribbean out of Ft Lauderdale

graphicguy

56 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Looks like you have a scheduled on-time departure.  Did you get to the airport?

You’re up awfully early for a Saturday.  I’m here.  Everything’s on time!  TSA pre check is shorter than this….

F8728585-DBEF-49EC-B48C-45F22DD18CBA.jpeg

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

Looking forward to following along. Enjoyed your previous Edge cruises. We are between cruises…. Did Apex four weeks ago, have Edge in four weeks. 

We have done over 40 cruises and I still can’t get my head around so little luggage😂😂

Have a safe trip.  

mac_tlc

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

You’re up awfully early for a Saturday.  I’m here.  Everything’s on time!  TSA pre check is shorter than this….

F8728585-DBEF-49EC-B48C-45F22DD18CBA.jpeg

We are taking the same flight next Saturday. What line is that??? We’ve never seen the security line all the way into the atrium like that at CVG! We have TSA precheck too.

Enjoy your cruise. Look forward to the review.

7 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Is this First Class?

We were upgraded to Comfort Plus, which in reality was the “normal” cabin not so very long ago.

Flight went off without a hitch…

…except, we were held on the tarmac for 25 minutes for some inexplicable reason.  One would think that commercial aviation being 100 years old that they’d figure out how to get a plane from the tarmac into the terminal gate.  But, nope…..still can’t seem to do it.

No matter…..We were off the plane about 10:40 a.m.  Carryons only.  At the taxi stand about 10:55, where there indeed was a Karen trying to cut in the line of people waiting for a taxi, all the while stating she had to get on her cruise (as do we).  We weren’t having it.   At the terminal (Retreat) at 11:15. Checked in at 11:20.  Did the online safety show in the cabin, watching on TV.  Then, off to Al Bacio to have the safety folks scan our key cards.  First beer in hand at 11:30.

C9BE82E7-4205-4EF6-B256-309CCE08FC4E.jpeg

• Like 2

Requisite cabin pics….very nice.  It’s a Sky Suite.  What’s not to like?

The Balcony feels bigger than the one on the EDGE.  Could be faulty memory, though.  

Off for more drinks on my fave Magic Carpet…….

12318078-81D3-4973-A706-8DA1516E7011.jpeg

185F98F9-7746-4F56-8277-EA03C79750C0.jpeg

3600628F-E165-44DC-A26F-53E75A2E1799.jpeg

E470D95F-6ECF-4114-A632-6F1E40BC2FCC.jpeg

15CBFC55-A0CA-4F05-A60F-706AC7E92F85.jpeg

EE5F1563-D1D1-4FD5-8F57-2C08BA51BC8E.jpeg

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, MarEll1 said:

We are taking the same flight next Saturday. What line is that??? We’ve never seen the security line all the way into the atrium like that at CVG! We have TSA precheck too.

Enjoy your cruise. Look forward to the review.

Delta!  That line was for folks who did not have TSA pre check, and/or were checking baggage.  We blew right by all that.

That said, it was 6:30 a.m. and the line was already that long.  Not sure why!

Edited by graphicguy

7 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Looking forward to following along. Enjoyed your previous Edge cruises. We are between cruises…. Did Apex four weeks ago, have Edge in four weeks. 

We have done over 40 cruises and I still can’t get my head around so little luggage😂😂

Have a safe trip.  

mac_tlc

Thanks!  Luggage?  Just the necessity’s!  Clean skivvies, no more than 2 pair of shoes each, one outfit has to cover at least 2 days of the cruise.  Every cruise, I find less and less to pack.  GF?  Much different story!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

We were upgraded to Comfort Plus, which in reality was the “normal” cabin not so very long ago.

Flight went off without a hitch…

…except, we were held on the tarmac for 25 minutes for some inexplicable reason.  One would think that commercial aviation being 100 years old that they’d figure out how to get a plane from the tarmac into the terminal gate.  But, nope…..still can’t seem to do it.

No matter…..We were off the plane about 10:40 a.m.  Carryons only.  At the taxi stand about 10:55, where there indeed was a Karen trying to cut in the line of people waiting for a taxi, all the while stating she had to get on her cruise (as do we).  We weren’t having it.   At the terminal (Retreat) at 11:15. Checked in at 11:20.  Did the online safety show in the cabin, watching on TV.  Then, off to Al Bacio to have the safety folks scan our key cards.  First beer in hand at 11:30.

If I remember correctly, you were about 20 minutes early, often times there's still a plane at your gate that hasn't departed.  Even if you go to another gate, there aren't people around to service the aircraft, so you wait until your assigned gate is available.  It doesn't pay to arrive early.🙁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Thanks!  Luggage?  Just the necessity’s!  Clean skivvies, no more than 2 pair of shoes each, one outfit has to cover at least 2 days of the cruise.  Every cruise, I find less and less to pack.  GF?  Much different story!!!!!!

Don't forget your swimsuit.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Delta!  That line was for folks who did not have TSA pre check, and/or were checking baggage.  We blew right by all that.

That said, it was 6:30 a.m. and the line was already that long.  Not sure why!

Yikes! We will be checking a bag but we use the skycap. I do hate how CVG changed the drop off location for the shuttles. It’s a hike to Delta - may check luggage before we go to Fastpark.

Glad you made it aboard!

• Like 1