What does ‘sold out’ mean these days?

FolsomMike

Out of idle curiosity, I just checked my July Viking Venus cruise on the Viking website and saw that it’s listed as sold out. Does anyone know… does that mean that every cabin is booked or is it possible that they are still limiting capacity and many cabins are being kept empty? If the latter is true, might they open it up to booking again if Covid restrictions ease?

23 minutes ago, FolsomMike said:

Out of idle curiosity, I just checked my July Viking Venus cruise on the Viking website and saw that it’s listed as sold out. Does anyone know… does that mean that every cabin is booked or is it possible that they are still limiting capacity and many cabins are being kept empty? If the latter is true, might they open it up to booking again if Covid restrictions ease?

A percentage of the cabins are being held back for quarantine.  Our December 2021 cruise showed as sold out for quite a while until some cruisers got nervous and canceled.  We sailed with 640 passengers.

If COVID doesn't improve, you may see cabins open up as your cruise gets closer.

2 hours ago, JeriGail said:

If COVID doesn't improve, you may see cabins open up as your cruise gets closer.

That was true for us. My cruise is on March 28. It was sold out for months with very few short-lived exceptions. Lately, I’m seeing a fair number of cabins open up. 

3 hours ago, FolsomMike said:

Completely unrelated to the topic:  FolsomMike, does Folsom represent your town?  I'm from Folsom, CA.  Enjoyed our first Viking cruise last summer on the Venus.  Really enjoyed it. 

19 hours ago, rizello said:

Completely unrelated to the topic:  FolsomMike, does Folsom represent your town?  I'm from Folsom, CA.  Enjoyed our first Viking cruise last summer on the Venus.  Really enjoyed it. 

I lived in Folsom for many years but recently moved a few miles to EDH. 

• Like 1