Booking another cruise while onboard

Allis154

I understand that if you book another cruise while onboard you receive an onboard credit. Does this get applied to that cruise, or the one you are on?

Now that I have posted the question, I would think that it would apply to the cruise you booked.

I understand that if you book another cruise while onboard you receive an onboard credit. Does this get applied to that cruise, or the one you are on?

Now that I have posted the question, I would think that it would apply to the cruise you booked.

I do not know about your line but on Princess you get the onboard credit for your future booking.

Marilyn

Not only that, but you can transfer the booking number to a travel agent who may give you a perk such as free insurance, free wine, a reduced rate etc. The only times those perks would not be available would be if you transfered to a group booking with the agency. Until you find the perk you want, stay with the cruiseline. and if you do transfer it, be sure you find out if the agency has a different cancelation policy than the cruise line does. Most cruise lines will refund anything paid until final payment, but some agencies will not be so lenient.

Also know that you can transfer the booking number you obtained while onboard for your future cruise to a different future cruise should you see something different you want. Be sure you mention that your reservation/deposit carries a ship board credit so that it will be applied to the newer future cruise.

For instance, something financial could happen in your family circumstance and you realize you will not be able to afford the cruise comfortably. Just change the date of the cruise so as not to lose the onboard credit.

Also, if there is a price drop, you will receive it (if one occurs. Sometimes the prices only go up! but you will have your lower rate locked in and it cannot go up, only stay the same or go down) if you see one, and ask. i don't think it is automatic! The price drop would not apply on a happy hour new bookings only ad, however.

It also helps if you have already searched the data base and know approximately what cruise you want to book while on board. The future cruise agent's time is very limited and you will see long lines sometimes. so go prepared, and make sure she/he books it right in front of you, not to be done at a later time during the cruise. The price on the day you make the reservation is the one that will stick. If you have an overburdened future cruise consultant who does not do it immediately, the price may have changed by the time she/he gets around to doing it. Yes, in one day, a cabin I booked rose $100 per person, but my price was locked in.

Archived