Proof of Vaccination Questions

capriccio

My two brothers and sisters-in-law are joining us on our Enchanted cruise in March and both have a question about the proof of vaccination.  The Princess website FAQs state:

The following formats are acceptable proofs of full vaccination: COVID-19 vaccination card (original card only; no photocopies accepted), digital COVID-19 certificate (QR code acceptable); or record of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider including original digital email notification, personal electronic health record, or government Immunization information system (IIS) record.

• "Can we use a photocopy?"  I answered that quoting the FAQs on the Princess website - "no."
  • "Can we present a laminated vaccination card?"  While I know it is not recommended to laminate the vaccination card, I see nothing on the Princess website invalidating it.  So I am thinking that isn't a problem.  Does anyone have recent experience presenting a laminated card?

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, fpsphil said:

I just bought one of those passport and covid card holders. They didn't even pull the card out and the whole process took about 30 seconds.

That is what we did last January.  Unfortunately that is not what my brother and sister-in-law have done.  Hence the question. I had forgotten that they didn't even pull the cards out 3 weeks ago when we sailed on the CB.  Thanks for the reminder!