question for anyone who has booked a cabana on Half Moon Cay

craig01020

I'm going on my first-ever Carnival cruise in a couple of weeks…God willing.

I booked a cabana on Half Moon Cay. Just wondering that since it's considered an excursion with a start time at 10 am, does that mean I'll get tickets for water shuttle? Or will I need to queue up in the morning.

Thanks!

Yes, it's an excursion and you will have priority getting on the tenders to HMC.  On Embarkation day go to the Adventures desk.  They will show you a map and you can select a cabana.  They will want to know what sodas you want and what size fins for your group.  We have had a cabana every time at HMC and loved it!  Have a great cruise!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, PC 462 said:

Does the same thing apply to clam shell rentals?  They are also rented under excursions these days. We have always rented them on the beach in the past, but had Faster to the Fun before.

I would ask at the Adventures Desk about priority tendering.  From reading the reviews, I gather that one would want to get to HMC early to get a clamshell that's not too far to walk to, since clamshells are first come, first served.  Also another comment is that the airflow is restricted in the clamshell so it could get stuffy.  I wear a swim shirt (speedo has quite a few) while in the water and that has kept me from burning.  There are chairs that are in the shade but you may need to walk down the beach to find them.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SHATOMFL said:

We  have one booked for feb 2023, any suggestions for the best ones to reserve maybe close to restrooms & bar. 

We like Cabana #9.  Close to a bathroom.  We had our favorite waiter from Serenity taking care of us so we didn't worry about distance to the bar.  Another consideration is music level.  I don't mind a little second hand music but by the time it reaches Cabana #9 it's pretty mellow.  Plus the other beachgoers tend to hang out closer to the bar so the beach is usually pretty peaceful around Cabana #9. Here are pics of Cabana #9, the snacks that come with and the view from Cabana #7. Enjoy!

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, SHATOMFL said:

We  have one booked for feb 2023, any suggestions for the best ones to reserve maybe close to restrooms & bar. 

The higher the numbered cabana, the farther you're away from the tender dock and more seclusion and quiet.   #4,5,7 and 14 are closest to the bathrooms.   Cabana 5 is nearest the Pirate ship bar and closest to the food pavilions.  There's maps of Half Moon Cay that are easy to follow.  The cabanas are numbered 1-15.  The villas have letters (A,B,C,D,E) assigned to them.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

We like Cabana #9.  Close to a bathroom.  We had our favorite waiter from Serenity taking care of us so we didn't worry about distance to the bar.  Another consideration is music level.  I don't mind a little second hand music but by the time it reaches Cabana #9 it's pretty mellow.  Plus the other beachgoers tend to hang out closer to the bar so the beach is usually pretty peaceful around Cabana #9. Here are pics of Cabana #9, the snacks that come with and the view from Cabana #7. Enjoy!

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

We had cabana 12 about 10 years ago.

If you want to choose your cabana number,

head to the excursions desk first when you board.

12 was our choice to be away from the hub bub around the bar.

Heck of a hike back to get on the shuttle back to the ship though.

Waited to long and missed the ride back to the shuttle! LOL!

Best port stop ever! Wish HMC was a stop on every sailing...

• Like 3

13 hours ago, SHATOMFL said:

I have one reserved for a sailing in a few weeks and plan on asking for #9 - #12 if possible.  I've had #9 twice and #11 and I think that range is the best.  Far enough away from the hurly-burly of the Pirate Ship bar and beyond where most people will park themselves, but close to the outer set of bathrooms -- which are seldom busy -- and not too far of a walk from the buffet.  

Farther out than that, and you're really starting to get remote.  (But if seclusion is your thing, go for it.)   Closer in, and you'll have looky-loo's gadding around your cabana and sometimes disregarding the "Private Rental" signs.  

Note that Cabana #1 is the only one with wheelchair access.

There is a periodic open-air tram that will run along the service road and, if space is available, they will bring you to and from your cabana "from behind."  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The tram is located to the right as you walk into the courtyard. 

We tip the driver a couple dollars.  If you want to take the tram on the way back, just walk along the road and stick your thumb out when one comes by and they will stop. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We rented Villa A on our trip to HMC in September.  Guest services actually called our stateroom to come down and pick our villa.  We were given our excursion tickets and told to meet in the theatre at 7:30.  The ship was cleared before 8:00 a.m.  We were on the first shuttle, along with those in cabanas.  I am not sure about the clamshells.  I just know about the villas and cabanas from chatting with others while we waited to clear.  Directions from the staff were very clear.  We were next to the Pirates bar, no issue there.  We heard music, but it was not loud enough to interfere with our enjoyment.  One person in our group even fell asleep!  I enjoyed the snacks, the air conditioning and mostly the private bath and shower.  It was a great day!  Hope you enjoy your time on HMC as much as we did!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NO..... priority is given to those who have excursions booked and a clamshell reservation doesn't count as an excursion.  At least that's the way it was when I was there in September.

And I assume you're talking about Half Moon Cay.

Edited by groundloop