Puerto Rico eases travel entry requirements

Aviator of the Seas

Where the thorn since December had been that the Puerto Rico government required both vaccination proof AND a 48 hour Covid test for entry to avoid quarantine, effective February 2, 2022:

• Inbound travelers need to present proof of vaccination OR a 48 hour Covid test prior to entry by air on domestic U.S. flights or by sea. Either/or. Not both.
  • All travelers must complete a travel declaration at travelsafe.pr.gov and obtain a green QR code to avoid delays in exiting baggage claim at the airport or disembarking at the cruise ship piers.
  • Inbound air travelers on international flights (from outside the U.S.), the U.S. still requires both vaccines and tests.

IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that once you obtain your Puerto Rico green QR code for entry, that you print it out or keep a screenshot of it on your phone/iPad/tablet. The thing is, the only domestic U.S. cell carrier available in Puerto Rico is now Sprint/T-Mobile, and those on other networks might have issues accessing the internet and their cloud documents from their phones once on the island.

That's it. Happy Easter/Spring Break!

Edited by Aviator of the Seas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hank1065 said:

Great news. Where did you source this info?  Not on travelsafe website yet.  Thanks!

The Governor's new Executive Orders just came out this morning. You can find them here in their original Spanish language form. The English versions come out a couple of days later, usually.

https://www.estado.pr.gov/es/ordenes-ejecutivas/

The one related to travel is OE-2022-005.

• Thanks 1

Does someone have the link in English. We'll be arriving at SJU on March 18th for a cruise on the 20th. We'll have our vaccination card. So we can fill out the Travel Declaration and print out before flying there. We have AT&T so now I'm concerned about internet connection to do our online covid test before boarding the ship. Thoughts please !! 

18 hours ago, Ashland said:

Does someone have the link in English. We'll be arriving at SJU on March 18th for a cruise on the 20th. We'll have our vaccination card. So we can fill out the Travel Declaration and print out before flying there. We have AT&T so now I'm concerned about internet connection to do our online covid test before boarding the ship. Thoughts please !! 

AT&T sold its Puerto Rico network to the local cable TV company. So, if I were you I would print out and/or screenshoot my green travelsafe.pr.gov QR code to avoid delays at the airport.

Edited by Aviator of the Seas

18 minutes ago, Aviator of the Seas said:

AT&T sold its Puerto Rico network to the local cable TV company. So, if I were you I would print out and/or screenshoot my green travelsafe.pr.gov QR code to avoid delays at the airport.

What's the timeframe for filling out this form if I'm arriving on a flight March 18th...how soon can I do it ?

On 1/29/2022 at 1:44 AM, Ashland said:

Just screen shot your QR code and save in your pictures.  We had to to the same for Spain last week and just showed it and flew through the airport.  I did print out paper copies of everything also just in case.