Not quite Cruising on a Queen....but sort of Cruisin....

roscoe39

Hi Guys., its been a while. I have been feeling a bit frustrated without my usual creative  blog outlet and now I know it is not on a ship, but I have started up my cruising blog again while on a road trip...if its not allowed., please feel free Hattie to delete.  Its just Road Cruisin...not ship cruising....just in the meantime..

butarewethereyet.blogspot.com

thanks guys, I'm currently in the Bay of Islands, some of you may have visited here in the past. It's sad to see that at this time of the year the area would be visited daily by various Ships and the town thrives on it but the season is now non existent for the second year running, the bay calm and empty, the dolphins have no one to show off to and the sea based tourist providers looking a little glum......but there are loads of NZ tourists here, I parked up on the waterfront and awoke this morning to find there are 3 others that have done the same thing, we all fell asleep to the roll of the waves...life is still good.

At this stage our glorious PM has aid that the ports will not open to  Ship based Tourism till march at the earliest, that was last year, there has been no update on that and with the country posed to deal with Omnicrom which has only just arrived hopefully there will be an indication on if it affects that reopening to cruise ships.  The Bay here is hoping... 

must go and watch the pod of dolphins..............

• Like 2