Live Review Oasis Of The Sea 1/30/2022 - 2/06/2022 Virtual Cruise Plenty of Pictures.

BennyBrun

8 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Well you might want to wait to see my review on the Edge and decide lol.

When is that?  I’m pretty sure I’ve decided based on your Apex review. 

I have sailed the Oasis and it was my least favourite for various reasons but loved The Harmony.  I’m eyeing up my first Celebrity based on your review.

13 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

So she told the server that they don’t eat any raw fish ( there goes half the menu) plus they are out of the egg roll and the dumplings so there options were limited.  So I beveled they went with the California Roll and the Ramen.  They taste fine but it’s not the greatest.  The star of the show at Izumi are their rolls and most of them have raw fish.

Someone on the last Oasis cruise said they were out of Ramen. Someone needs step up their food orders.

I don’t eat sushi so I would be unhappy because I wanted the Goyza and the udon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moonltnite said:

If you've been in the Solarium - do you know if they have servers that take orders and deliver drinks to where you are lounging?  Or do you have to go up to the Solarium Bar? 

Thanks!

Yes they are taking drink orders and they are also taking drink orders at the theater as well.  However you do have to wait to be dismissed at the end of the show!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

Someone on the last Oasis cruise said they were out of Ramen. Someone needs step up their food orders.

I don’t eat sushi so I would be unhappy because I wanted the Goyza and the udon.

I reported they were out of Ramen on the first night.  By the second night Ramen was back but still out of gyoza and spring rolls and also they are not able to get yellowtail so they are using seabrim?  We tried it and it has an interesting texture but will not be having that again.

1 minute ago, BennyBrun said:

I reported they were out of Ramen on the first night.  By the second night Ramen was back but still out of gyoza and spring rolls and also they are not able to get yellowtail so they are using seabrim?  We tried it and it has an interesting texture but will not be having that again.

I was watching a blog on YouTube and this person said RCI uses frozen sushi for some of their rolls. Frozen then defrosted would definitely change the texture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, #55worktoplay said:

When is that?  I’m pretty sure I’ve decided based on your Apex review. 

I have sailed the Oasis and it was my least favourite for various reasons but loved The Harmony.  I’m eyeing up my first Celebrity based on your review.

If all goes well and we pass our test, and make our flight lol it will be the first week in April, 4/3.

We have also been on the Harmony and loved her!!!  Oasis is slightly different (no Wonderland) and a few other things missing but I think they did a great job after the refurbishment.  I do have to say that there is a lack of storage space in the room.  We are living out of our suitcase lol.

• Like 1

Made a mistake on a post as we are following and enjoying both threads.

Just posted should have been @BennyBrun  🙃

@John&LaLa We've been following right along and enjoy the pictures and sharing.  Thanks.

One question.

We've not been on Royal in awhile (new NCL ships for Haven and MSC for YC) then 2020 'hit' and put a hold on our plans.

We've never heard of "Unlimited Dining Package" (thought U was Ultimate).  We looked it up on the RCCL website.  Sure enough.  YIKES.  Multiple entrees and multiple venues!

We're not big eaters at all, however after reading what you ate and drank yesterday we've gained weight.  🤨

Continuing to follow....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BennyBrun said:

If all goes well and we pass our test, and make our flight lol it will be the first week in April, 4/3.

We have also been on the Harmony and loved her!!!  Oasis is slightly different (no Wonderland) and a few other things missing but I think they did a great job after the refurbishment.  I do have to say that there is a lack of storage space in the room.  We are living out of our suitcase lol.

Are the rooms on the oasis still in good shape? I jumped from the Symphony to Oasis without my normal research.

Just now, Maitaivegas said:

I was watching a blog on YouTube and this person said RCI uses frozen sushi for some of their rolls. Frozen then defrosted would definitely change the texture.

That solves the mystery!!!  Because the SeaBrim or whatever that fish is called was a little watery and doesn’t taste right.  The tuna and the salmon tastes about right but not like fresh sashimi you get but it is still good for being on a cruise ship!  Highly recommend Izumi.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Made a mistake on a post as we are following and enjoying both threads.

Just posted should have been @BennyBrun  🙃

@John&LaLa We've been following right along and enjoy the pictures and sharing.  Thanks.

One question.

We've not been on Royal in awhile (new NCL ships for Haven and MSC for YC) then 2020 'hit' and put a hold on our plans.

We've never heard of "Unlimited Dining Package" (thought U was Ultimate).  We looked it up on the RCCL website.  Sure enough.  YIKES.  Multiple entrees and multiple venues!

We're not big eaters at all, however after reading what you ate and drank yesterday we've gained weight.  🤨

Continuing to follow....

Welcome aboard the virtual cruise!  Yeap it truly is unlimited but remember you don’t have to eat a whole meal at one place although we do lol.  You can sample multiple venues and have a drink at each and spend your night that way in the Central Park setting.  It’s quite fun actually and catch a late show somewhere.  At night we never felt like we are on the ship.

Stay tuned we are only on day 3 now !!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

Are the rooms on the oasis still in good shape? I jumped from the Symphony to Oasis without my normal research.

I am not super picky so I think the rooms are in great shape and clean.  Is it like the APEX?  No way but I do have to say being on the Mardi Gras (remember the Mardi Gras is fairly new) I have to say the condition of the rooms on Oasis is about the same as the Mardi Gras room.  Royal does take care of their ship.

• Thanks 1

Day 3 Sea Day

Very late start to this day.  Totally slept in.  The room does not get very dark like a cave because you can’t turn the light off in the bathroom?  It’s either bright or not so bright so the light comes through the bottom of the door.  There is also lighting on top of the pictures but when you turn it off the LED bulb still radiate a little light, but still managed to sleep in lol.

11 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

All the fish has been previously frozen, standard procedure to kill parasites.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

The shows you will have to reserve once you are onboard and not before.  They have this really handy entertainment guide that’s in your room with all the times but you cant get to that until after 2PM or when your room is ready.  So you have to go through each day on the app to make the reservations.  Turn on airplane mode and connect to the ships Wi-Fi then open the app otherwise it will error out and tell you that you need to connect to the ships Wi-Fi.

image.jpg

I went to Guest Services before cabins were opened and asked for a piece of paper to try to keep track of the reservations I was making on the app.  She handed me this instead.

• Like 1