Excursions on Barcelona to Venice Cruise

lisaatric

I will be taking my first Viking cruise this September/October.  Barcelona to Venice.  Marseille, Monaco, Rome, Naples, Florence, Dubrovnik, Split, Venice. This will be my first time to Europe. I completely understand that it is too early for Viking to release possible excursions and that Covid further complicates scheduling. However, I’m wondering if there is a place where I can see past excursions so I can get an idea of what the possibilities could be.  Thank you for your help. 

To explain further, go to Linda's link, from the Itinerary tab, scroll down to Day by Day and click on More Information.  You will find photos, videos and all the potential Included and Optional excursions.  Its a great place to begin your research and planning.  You won't know the cost of the Optional ones until they post to your My Viking Journey.

I’m going on this same itinerary at the end of March!  Our available excursions are similar to the ones in the link above but a little different. Some ports have more options than in that link and others have less. I can tell you prices if you’re interested in any in particular. But they don’t seem to publish a PDF of the price list and excursions or I would share that. 

Oh, and as you’re looking through the listings in that link, be sure to click on them for more information. I didn’t realize for a while that there was a longer description behind each. 

Edited by Eggtuary

Eggtuary,

We are doing a similar itinerary departing April 9. I am being patient about shore excursions, as I can imagine the covid complications, but I am curious. When were excursions posted for your end of March cruise?

Lisaatric,

Welcome! Hope you love your first Viking cruise. We certainly did.

35 minutes ago, lackcreativity said:

Eggtuary,

We are doing a similar itinerary departing April 9. I am being patient about shore excursions, as I can imagine the covid complications, but I am curious. When were excursions posted for your end of March cruise?

Lisaatric,

Excursions were posted 96 days out for us. So a little late, but not horribly so. 

2 hours ago, lackcreativity said:

Eggtuary,

Lisaatric,

We are doing the Mediterranean Odyssey leaving Apr 3.  Our excursions have been posted for at least 2+ weeks (except Venice and Rome)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eggtuary said:

Excursions were posted 96 days out for us. So a little late, but not horribly so. 

We are at 68 days out, and nothing is posted yet. We are in the last cabin category to book (if they are sticking to that at all these days), but we used to be able to view them even before booking opened for us back in the day. Our itinerary is the same as yours from Barcelona to Naples, but then we continue up the Adriatic coast of Italy to Venice. Maybe those additional ports are creating different challenges for excursions.

I will continue to be patient. I have heard cases where guests could not book excursions until on board. At least, as returning Viking guests, we know how much we will enjoy the cruise under (almost) any conditions!

1 minute ago, lackcreativity said:

We are at 68 days out, and nothing is posted yet. We are in the last cabin category to book (if they are sticking to that at all these days), but we used to be able to view them even before booking opened for us back in the day. Our itinerary is the same as yours from Barcelona to Naples, but then we continue up the Adriatic coast of Italy to Venice. Maybe those additional ports are creating different challenges for excursions.

I will continue to be patient. I have heard cases where guests could not book excursions until on board. At least, as returning Viking guests, we know how much we will enjoy the cruise under (almost) any conditions!

I would reach out to Viking.  We are DV cabin category and were able to book the excursions exactly at 67 days, as quoted by Viking.  We could see them for planning purposes several weeks prior...  except for Rome and Venice.  Rome excursions have since shown up, but not Venice

• Thanks 1

Curious about Monte Carlo Excursions.  On the April 3rd cruise all excursions are Sold Out except one to a perfumery.  Even the "included" one is sold out.  Will they make more available at some point?

We've been to Monte Carlo and Nice so didn't find any of them compelling but thought there would at least be a bus ride or walking tour.

18 hours ago, Eggtuary said:

I forgot to mention:  we still don’t have Venice excursions listed. 

We are on a different itinerary embarking and overnight at Venice in March.  40 days out and still no excursions posted for Venice.