Jan. 30th on Equinox 12 Nights

bnurick

Here we go!  Checked in and waiting to board. We were handed this letter that says more than 1% of crew/passengers tested positive on the last sailing.  To note, doesn’t say the ship name or sailing date.

7D5BA3D8-0A0D-42D4-9EBD-E7F1386759C8.jpeg

Edited by bnurick
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• bnurick changed the title to Jan. 30th on Equinox 12 Nights

I’ll be following the topic and look forward to your continued posting. We are on 12 night on Equinox Feb 20. In particular I’d love to hear about any port substitutions or updates in their excursion requirements. Have an awesome trip!

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing this! We are booked on the 12 night Ultimate Southern Caribbean departed April 2, and I'm looking forward to reading all of your experiences on board! It's been so difficult to find accurate information on which ports we'll be able to see on our own and which will require excursions through Celebrity. I'm sure they'd prefer that we book 100% through them, but I'd rather get to do our own thing as much as possible!

BTW, that martini looks fabulous!!

• Like 2

I can taste that martini from here. Does only paying the difference above $9 if you have the classic beverage package apply to the martini bar as well, or do they treat the martini bar differently?

also, I can’t remember the prices at the martini bar…would they be covered completely if we upgraded to the deluxe package?

I am looking forward to following your cruise as we declined to sail on it a week ago. 😞 😞  We had been looking forward to it for more than a year but made the hard decision to cancel... so... we will live vicariously through you!  

Raising a glass (here at home) to you with the hopes of a fantastic time! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rayhorn said:

I’ll be following the topic and look forward to your continued posting. We are on 12 night on Equinox Feb 20. In particular I’d love to hear about any port substitutions or updates in their excursion requirements. Have an awesome trip!

We will. I’ll be posting!  Celebrity Onboard below.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Constellation officially reported at 3%+ at present which includes crew.

Hopefully everyone will do the right thing and we won’t have any issues.  Just do the right thing. 😊 

43 minutes ago, Rayhorn said:

I can taste that martini from here. Does only paying the difference above $9 if you have the classic beverage package apply to the martini bar as well, or do they treat the martini bar differently?

also, I can’t remember the prices at the martini bar…would they be covered completely if we upgraded to the deluxe package?

So I upgraded to premium so I wouldn’t have to do any math. I think I’ll be a wash in the end. I do recommend upgrading for hassle free.  Just my opinion.

7 minutes ago, RealBatman said:

I am looking forward to following your cruise as we declined to sail on it a week ago. 😞 😞  We had been looking forward to it for more than a year but made the hard decision to cancel... so... we will live vicariously through you!  

Raising a glass (here at home) to you with the hopes of a fantastic time! 

“A glass”? 🤔 Probably MANY glasses!  Cheers!  I’ll be posting the Celebrity Today’s so you’ll have the ultimate plan next time you board. See below post…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bnurick said:

Hopefully everyone will do the right thing and we won’t have any issues.  Just do the right thing. 😊 

There's the rub.  With omicron being so transmissible and so many omicron positive pax being asymptomatic, the "right thing", whatever one perceives that to be, hasn't proved to be effective enough to satisfy a zero-COVID approach to the problem.  It's going to be really bumpy for the next couple of months if that continues to be the objective.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Rayhorn said:

We always have stuck with the CBP (even before AI). We have ordered martinis at the martini bars with our CBPs and received the martinis at no additional charge, but they were in smaller martini glasses. Which is cool with us as we can take or leave ordering a martini. Trying something different. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Do you also want some chocolate?

Well sure!  Do we get to choose dark chocolate?

What the heck, the bed hasn't been made yet (a slow Sunday morning).  Can you get someone to attend to that? 

Wow.  We may have to find something to fill in the gap between now and October.  That's too long to wait!

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

There's the rub.  With omicron being so transmissible and so many omicron positive pax being asymptomatic, the "right thing", whatever one perceives that to be, hasn't proved to be effective enough to satisfy a zero-COVID approach to the problem.  It's going to be really bumpy for the next couple of months if that continues to be the objective.

After 3x Moderna I got the bug (allergies like). Then my kids. Wife must have super immunity. So I visited the Doc and I’m immune for 90 days. How many cruises do you recommend I take until April 6th?

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

@bnurick

Wish someone would drop a daily on our bed tonight!  Seems a long time since our November cruise, and a long time until out next one in October.  Thanks for sharing yours!

Happy to provide the assist. 🏀 

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We always have stuck with the CBP (even before AI). We have ordered martinis at the martini bars with our CBPs and received the martinis at no additional charge, but they were in smaller martini glasses. Which is cool with us as we can take or leave ordering a martini. Trying something different. 

I hear sometimes smaller is better?  At least I’m hoping.  😬

3 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Do you also want some chocolate?

😉 See ya around Mate! 🏴‍☠️ 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Well sure!  Do we get to choose dark chocolate?

What the heck, the bed hasn't been made yet (a slow Sunday morning).  Can you get someone to attend to that? 

Wow.  We may have to find something to fill in the gap between now and October.  That's too long to wait!

Only ❤️ allowed here please. Highly recommend Lycheetini’s until bedtime.  After 3, dirty beds are welcomed… 😊 🥂 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bnurick said:

Here we go!  Checked in and waiting to board. We were handed this letter that says more than 1% of crew/passengers tested positive on the last sailing.  To note, doesn’t say the ship name or sailing date.

Maybe the crew infections explain why the Vision of the seas is sitting off-shore, she is currently being used to house Covid infected crew.

4 hours ago, bnurick said:

On our Apex trip last week they only announced 3 people during cruise and we still got a similar letter on the 6th day. So it must be rampant in the crew. Otherwise we had a great experience and no complaints with any experiences or Celebrity.

Edited by cltcruisers123
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rayhorn said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for posting the schedule and shore excursions. Gives us a great idea of what to expect. 

Happy to pass along. Will try to do so daily.  Cheers! 🥂