Question revisited,I think

daddyslittle girl

I am pretty sure this question  has been  addressed  many times,apologize  in advance,but as it gets closer to making a decision  about May 6th cruise,I would like to know what happens to final payment  if we test positive for covid before the time required  for testing to boardI know out facts would be used toward a future booking.,thanks.

Just now, daddyslittle girl said:

I am pretty sure this question  has been  addressed  many times,apologize  in advance,but as it gets closer to making a decision  about May 6th cruise,I would like to know what happens to final payment  if we test positive for covid before the time required  for testing to boardI know out facts would be used toward a future booking.,thanks.

The answer to your question, is partially related to Celebrity's program Sail with Confidence which states:

Cancel up to 48 Hours Before you Sail

You have up to 48 hours before you sail to cancel and receive 100% Future Cruise Credit to use on a sailing that departs on or before December 31, 2022 or within one year from your original sailing date, whichever is later.

• For cancellation within any phase of penalty, refunds will be issued as Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the full cruise fare amount.  
  • In order to receive 100% FCC, your booking must be paid in full.
  • For cancellation outside of penalty, your refund will be issued to the original form of payment. (Only applicable in countries that offer a refundable deposit option).
  • Nonrefundable Deposit Bookings: If canceled outside of penalty, the full deposit amount will be returned (without penalty) in the form of an FCC. If canceled within any phase of penalty, the cruise fare including full deposit (without penalty) will be issued as an FCC.
  • Bookings made with FCCs from suspended sailings will also benefit from the new Cruise With Confidence policy.

Then it's a question of timing, insurances and interpretation.

In short, if you test positive more than 48 hours before sailing, you can cancel and be refunded in the form of a FCC. That seems to be the easy conclusion.

If you test positive within that 48 hour window, this is where it gets interesting.

Can you board, do your quarantine on board the ship? (I doubt it, but not sure.) 

If you're on a longer cruise, can you quarantine in a hotel and then join the ship after your quarantine? ( Unsure about that as well)

If you have to quarantine in a hotel, can you find an insurance that will cover, at least partially, the additional cost? And what about the lost cruise fare? 

The same question is unclear, if you test positive immediately after disembarking....

These two gaps, before and after the cruise, are definitely of concern to me and I wish that Celebrity could find a way to help us to make it easier for us to go on a cruise without too many concerns.

While their covid cancellation policy is currently only applicable to sailings through 4/30/2022 I would expect that if testing is still required at that time it would be extended to offer refunds if anyone in the traveling party tests positive within the appropriate time prior to the cruise.

They certainly don't want covid positive people onboard.

28 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

While their covid cancellation policy is currently only applicable to sailings through 4/30/2022 I would expect that if testing is still required at that time it would be extended to offer refunds if anyone in the traveling party tests positive within the appropriate time prior to the cruise.

They certainly don't want covid positive people onboard.

I am not certain if your reference to the Covid cancellation policy is the Sail with Confidence Program, allowing cancellations up to 48 hours before sailing, but this program has been extended to sailings up to December 2022. 

No if you test positive for covid you are covered under a different program than Cruise With Confidence.  Basically if you can provide proof of positive test within 14 days of embarkation you are entitled to a refund.  Policy is currently in effect for sailings up to 4/30/2022.   It was recently extended to this date.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/cel-covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

40 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

No if you test positive for covid you are covered under a different program than Cruise With Confidence.  Basically if you can provide proof of positive test within 14 days of embarkation you are entitled to a refund.  Policy is currently in effect for sailings up to 4/30/2022.   It was recently extended to this date.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/cel-covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

The cruise in question is in May.

There is a good chance travel insurance will cover the cancelled trip due to catching COVID.