February encore voyage

CrusinPaul

It appears that the voyage to the Canary Islands is no longer sailing, as it does not appear on the web site… do u think they made a  decision and cancelled the voyage due to surge in virus in Portugal and the islands ? 
Does anyone have any idea … I’m concerned about my march cruise, and hope they inform us sooner than later, so we can make alternate plans ,if they decide to cancel, which would not be surprising in these terrible times for the cruise industry and the countries they sail to. 

Even today we were debating trying to make this sailing - with Sir Tim Rice, Lord Michael Howard, and Kerry Ellis as guest speakers, and the rollout of a new male vocal group (The Kings), this sailing looks to be exceptional in many ways. No wonder it would be sold out.  Fingers crossed all goes as planned!  

Edited by johng75370
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, johng75370 said:

Even today we were debating trying to make this sailing - with Sir Tim Rice, Lord Michael Howard, and Kerry Ellis as guest speakers, and the rollout of a new male vocal group (The Kings), this sailing looks to be exceptional in many ways. No wonder it would be sold out.  Fingers crossed all goes as planned!  

Could you please let me know where you see that information? Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s on the Seabourn site under “Conversations”:

https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/conversations.html

It’s a great program overall, and I usually try to scan through to see if there is someone special coming up - with Encore in February it’s the best I’ve ever seen.  Rumor is Andrew Weil will be giving poolside mediation sessions (just kidding on that one, but given it’s potentially a real “Evening with Tim Rice” who knows what is possible).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@johng75370 I don't think I had ever noticed that corner of the Seabourn website; thanks for the tip! Of course, its usefulness is very limited: I looked at speakers for Odyssey hoping to learn who will be aboard for our cruise at the end of this month, and it has nothing listed. In fact, it has only two speakers listed for Odyssey for all of 2022. (Damn, one of them is Steve Wozniak, in October; he would be a lot of fun!) Why don't they post all the guest lecturers here?

24 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

Of course, its usefulness is very limited: I looked at speakers for Odyssey hoping to learn who will be aboard for our cruise at the end of this month, and it has nothing listed.

It is not well maintained, but usually when they post specific people and which ship it is pretty spot-on.  We were on Odyssey in September, and likewise none of the speakers were listed (though they should have been; both were excellent).  Ovation’s listings have been accurate; we were on in November and it was the speakers listed on the website.  Hope Encore gets the three great speakers they have posted for the February voyage.  

PS:  Woz has been on before, and have heard from others who sailed with him and his wife that they are great to have onboard.  

Edited by johng75370

18 hours ago, johng75370 said:

It’s on the Seabourn site under “Conversations”:

https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/conversations.html

It’s a great program overall, and I usually try to scan through to see if there is someone special coming up - with Encore in February it’s the best I’ve ever seen.  Rumor is Andrew Weil will be giving poolside mediation sessions (just kidding on that one, but given it’s potentially a real “Evening with Tim Rice” who knows what is possible).  

I saw a similar sounding show …evening with Tim Rice on the Odyssey. It was a show and he spoke and was interviewed on the screen. Was very good but I was disappointed that he was not there in person.  

2 minutes ago, Emdee said:

I saw a similar sounding show …evening with Tim Rice on the Odyssey. It was a show and he spoke and was interviewed on the screen. Was very good but I was disappointed that he was not there in person.  

The “Evening with Tim Rice” show with him appearing on video is on every voyage (they recently updated it a bit, but basically the same for years).  The Encore February voyage is the first one where they actually have Sir Tim Rice onboard to do a live version of it.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, johng75370 said:

The “Evening with Tim Rice” show with him appearing on video is on every voyage (they recently updated it a bit, but basically the same for years).  The Encore February voyage is the first one where they actually have Sir Tim Rice onboard to do a live version of it.  

Great if that is so….but when I opened the link up it described the show I had seen. 

Edited by Emdee

10 minutes ago, Emdee said:

Great if that is so….but when I opened the link up it described the show I had seen. 

At the bottom of the description here is what they say:

“Seabourn and Belinda King Creative Productions are set to welcome Entertainment Partner Sir Tim Rice onboard Seabourn Encore's first return to service voyage on February 19, 2022. Sir Tim Rice will appear live on stage to share his career highlights, captivating stories and perform alongside the Seabourn singers and dancers.”

https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/partnerships/partnerships-sir-tim-rice.html

Edited by johng75370
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, johng75370 said:

At the bottom of the description here is what they say:

“Seabourn and Belinda King Creative Productions are set to welcome Entertainment Partner Sir Tim Rice onboard Seabourn Encore's first return to service voyage on February 19, 2022. Sir Tim Rice will appear live on stage to share his career highlights, captivating stories and perform alongside the Seabourn singers and dancers.”

https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/partnerships/partnerships-sir-tim-rice.html

Mea culpa….

• Like 1

We have sailed w/ Woz & his wife Janet (4th one) twice.  She is very nice, he is a character and very opininated.  A couple we know who were on one of those sailings (both very smart and successful in their own right) had lunch with him and later told me when their opinions differed he did not want to hear them (I wasn't at the table so can't verify it).  They couldn't wait for the lunch to be over.  Just sayin...

That said, definately worth listening to his lectures for a lot of history about the computer industry.

Edited by 2SailingNomads
Add lecture note

We have also sailed Seabourn with the Wozniaks a couple of times. He's a strange dude as noted above and has a weird sense of humor but a lot of that is because he's basically a nerd engineer. Not an insult - it's just the way he is and one of the traits that allowed him to change the world. Anyway, we found them both entertaining and pleasant and his lectures are (as also noted above) definitely worth attending. I'd do it again anytime.

Ed - Obviously can't take the NY out of the boy; in it's proper form there's no "t" in "Jus' sayin'..."

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2022 at 6:02 PM, johng75370 said:

with Sir Tim Rice, Lord Michael Howard, and Kerry Ellis as guest speakers, and the rollout of a new male vocal group (The Kings), this sailing looks to be exceptional in many ways.

For those onboard right now, did the guest speakers and new entertainment appear as promoted?  

On 2/27/2022 at 1:50 AM, johng75370 said:

For those onboard right now, did the guest speakers and new entertainment appear as promoted?  

Just back from this trip and yes they had the speakers, and Kerry Ellis was one of the guest singers.Also the Kings performed, and they were pretty good! I have to say Michael Howard's talks were excellent and very entertaining.

• Like 1