Current procedure

DiLC

Hello

thanks for your patience and I think I am getting on top of things. 
We leave for two week cruise around Gran Canaria on 14th after many cancellations and I have only two questions left. 
1. Do we get return boarding passes printed on the ship? I have been able to print outward ones. 
2. How do I get luggage labels?  It says they’re available but then cabin allocations not done yet?

Thanks all Di

If you booked online, your luggage labels are usually available about 3 days before sailing to print off (or they were last August). As we booked less than 2 weeks before sailing, we couldn't choose a cabin, but to my surprise, the cabin number was already allocated when we printed the luggage labels - so we new before setting off from home which cabin we were in.

You will have luggage labels from the airline, attached on check-in, so I would save your own paper labels until you retrieve your luggage in the Canaries, and put them on before boarding the transfer bus. Otherwise paper labels will probably disappear during baggage handling

Edited by howmuch!

We did a canaries fly cruise a couple of weeks ago. Checked  in online for outward flight but could not do the return flights. The issue is that the check in for return need to check your UK Locator form. It was available for online check in a couple of days before the return flight. It says you need to do the PLF first which can only be done 48 hours before, but did not actually require it.

Thank you all for your help. I think we will get return pass on ship. But still can’t print out luggage labels. I don’t understand why one page says yes and the next says no. 
Would  it make much difference if I do what I usually do and make my own?

I have booked cabins so can’t see problem. 

From experience a couple of weeks ago.

You still need a lateral flow test taken after 9pm the evening before you fly from UK to the Canaries, this can be done at home (but not an NHS test) but we did ours at the airport on the morning of the flight due to a late booking. It is checked on arrival at the ship.

There is no need for a test prior to return to the UK and, as from Feb 11th, no need for a day 2 test in the UK after return. But you still need to do the UK locator form in the 48 hours before you return and this is checked at check in for return flight.

The ship has a system to do a daily temperature check.

Edited by AlanCruise
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, AlanCruise said:

From experience a couple of weeks ago.

You still need a lateral flow test taken after 9pm the evening before you fly from UK to the Canaries, this can be done at home (but not an NHS test) but we did ours at the airport on the morning of the flight due to a late booking. It is checked on arrival at the ship.

There is no need for a test prior to return to the UK and, as from Feb 11th, no need for a day 2 test in the UK after return. But you still need to do the UK locator form in the 48 hours before you return and this is checked at check in for return flight.

The ship has a system to do a daily temperature check.

Where at the airport Alan ? Drive through ?

do the flight checkin folks look at this at all ?

Edited by paulatsea

We flew from Bristol, you could book a lateral flow test at the airport (walk in ) test centre for £40. We would have booked the TUI package to be posted to home - much cheaper - but booked to late. We got results email in about 30mins and then went to check in desk.

The flight  check in did not look at Covid test as not needed for travel to spain, just to go on the cruise.
Bristol check in wanted to see Vaccine certificate and asked if we had done the spanish health form.
Watched one couple standing by the desk working their phones - I suspect they had not done the Spanish form in advance.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all of your replies.

Unfortunately my original question was worded incorrectly so here goes again.🤦🏼

Are Marella still carrying out onboard lateral flow testing on the night before disembarkation.?

Edited by Brummijam

33 minutes ago, AlanCruise said:

Based on when we returned on Jan 18th, the answer is no as it is not required for return to the UK.

Thanks Alan.

We we’re on Explorer 2 last October and endured a very stressful evening after being tested onboard and incorrectly informed that one of us was positive.🤒😤

We are looking to go in a couple of weeks but we can do without that sort of drama.😉 

1 hour ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Hopefully all will be OK for you BJ will keep our fingers crossed 🤞 

Hi PC.

Hope you are both well.  We haven't as yet booked anything we are just weighing up our options but we could do with a little bit of sunshine. 

Regards BJ😉

52 minutes ago, cinnamon said:

I'm sorry, it was the test to return I was thinking of.  Yes we had to do the test the night before.

Definitely no test onboard to return to the UK though.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.😉

Edited by Brummijam
spulling