Anybody on the Enchanted Princess now ( 1/29/22 cruise..) ?

big al

Hi all- DW & I are on the Enchanted Princess Feb.28th..I have gotten a fair amount of info regarding protocols, dining, etc..I am interested in 2 things on the cruise you are on now ( 1/29 ) - 1) Are the production shows back on, and 2) Did you go to all the ports of call? Any other info would be helpful, too...thanks! 😎

Big Al 

I am currently on the cruise for 20 days. So far, we made it to Princess Cays. I'll let you know if there are any itinerary changes. I am looking at the app and 5 Skies is scheduled for tomorrow, so hopefully the production shows are back on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Crystal_ said:

I am currently on the cruise for 20 days. So far, we made it to Princess Cays. I'll let you know if there are any itinerary changes. I am looking at the app and 5 Skies is scheduled for tomorrow, so hopefully the production shows are back on. 

Crystal- thanks so much !! Good news on both!! 👌

Big Al

• Like 1

Went to the CruiseCritic gathering today.  CD Marcus said that the production numbers will start tomorrow night - 5 Skies, as mentioned above.  There are 1547 passengers onboard, which comes out to about 43% capacity - we were at 46% on the January 19-29 cruise.  They have not stated that any ports are cancelled (so far!  fingers crossed!).  We received literature stating that Dominica (which, we discovered, they pronounce as doh-min-NEE-kah in that country) and Grenada require Princess or port/governmental-authorized tours; no roaming on one's own by foot (although it may be that certain taxis are authorized).  At Dominica, at least, there is an enclosed area with some shopping stalls. 

We are in a Club Class mini, and there is no night light in the bathroom.  (We bring a power block and a small USB light to plug into it, for the bathroom nightlight.)

Princess Cays yesterday was rather cool and windy, in spite of some sun.  Not many folks braved the water, but it looked like those on loungers and picnicking with the provided buffet were enjoying themselves.  Today it has been cloudy, misty, often raining, with a predicted high of 75 F, but just an hour or so ago, 4 PM-ish, the sun has come out, and tomorrow's weather looks promising!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, QuilterGirl said:

Went to the CruiseCritic gathering today.  CD Marcus said that the production numbers will start tomorrow night - 5 Skies, as mentioned above.  There are 1547 passengers onboard, which comes out to about 43% capacity - we were at 46% on the January 19-29 cruise.  They have not stated that any ports are cancelled (so far!  fingers crossed!).  We received literature stating that Dominica (which, we discovered, they pronounce as doh-min-NEE-kah in that country) and Grenada require Princess or port/governmental-authorized tours; no roaming on one's own by foot (although it may be that certain taxis are authorized).  At Dominica, at least, there is an enclosed area with some shopping stalls. 

We are in a Club Class mini, and there is no night light in the bathroom.  (We bring a power block and a small USB light to plug into it, for the bathroom nightlight.)

Princess Cays yesterday was rather cool and windy, in spite of some sun.  Not many folks braved the water, but it looked like those on loungers and picnicking with the provided buffet were enjoying themselves.  Today it has been cloudy, misty, often raining, with a predicted high of 75 F, but just an hour or so ago, 4 PM-ish, the sun has come out, and tomorrow's weather looks promising!

Thanks for the updates QuilterGirl!!..

Another thing that was mentioned at the CC meet-and-greet is that the captain and his staff - those in charge of driving the ship, for instance (I know there is a technical term for this, but it escapes me just now) - are not allowed to be out mingling with the passengers:  if the several top officers should become ill, there is no option but to halt the ship while they recuperate and/or additional help is arranged for and delivered to the ship.  Other departments could likely function adequately if their top honchos were out, but the ship-drivers must be licensed and there's not all that many of them on a given ship.  So for instance, instead of the champagne waterfall in the Piazza, which would be considered a high-possible-Covid-transmission gathering, there will be an intercom announcement by the Captain sometime tonight during dinner hours, at which time all who hear it are asked to raise a toast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

It wasn’t the cruise prior, the bar on the right side wasn’t either.

Hopefully this changes

Thanks.

No food, no bar. Why other to go to that side?

Gotta get there early & get a decent seat in the shade. 

Can anybody please find out if SPLENDA is available in the buffet/ dining rooms? It is always yellow along with the other sugar substitutes..sometimes I bring some because some cruise lines don't carry it do to a bit more $$$...thanks!

Big Al

12 minutes ago, big al said:

Can anybody please find out if SPLENDA is available in the buffet/ dining rooms? It is always yellow along with the other sugar substitutes..sometimes I bring some because some cruise lines don't carry it do to a bit more $$$...thanks!

Big Al

They always have it on all the ships.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, QuilterGirl said:

We received literature stating that Dominica (which, we discovered, they pronounce as doh-min-NEE-kah in that country) and Grenada require Princess or port/governmental-authorized tours; no roaming on one's own by foot (although it may be that certain taxis are authorized). 

I am on the Enchanted on March 20th. Among other ports we go to St. Lucia, Barbados and St. Kitts. I am wondering if passengers are allowed off the ship and can roam freely if they do not have a Princess shore excursion at those 3 ports. 

3 hours ago, CTGirl said:

I am on the Enchanted on March 20th. Among other ports we go to St. Lucia, Barbados and St. Kitts. I am wondering if passengers are allowed off the ship and can roam freely if they do not have a Princess shore excursion at those 3 ports. 

This will depend on your cruise, what happens now doesn't really matter.

On 1/31/2022 at 5:00 PM, QuilterGirl said:

Went to the CruiseCritic gathering today.  CD Marcus said that the production numbers will start tomorrow night - 5 Skies, as mentioned above.  There are 1547 passengers onboard, which comes out to about 43% capacity - we were at 46% on the January 19-29 cruise. 

Actually, with ship max capacity of 4800 (!!!) and 1547 on board, math says (1547/4800) we are at 32% full!  Very nice. 

Edited by CruiseVA

2 hours ago, jwattle said:

St. Lucia and Barbados are currently ship excursions only; this may change by the time your cruise sails.

1 hour ago, CruiseVA said:

This will depend on your cruise, what happens now doesn't really matter.

Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

Actually, with ship max capacity of 4800 (!!!) and 1547 on board, math says (1547/4800) we are at 32% full!  Very nice. 

Max capacity includes staff. Pax capacity is 3,600. The 1,500 number is total passengers.

6 hours ago, CTGirl said:

It's impossible to know what protocols will be in place in two months. It changes, constantly. We were in Barbados & St. Lucia last week.

Barbados port was empty. It St. Lucia, not excursion passengers were kept corralled in a plot surrounded by shipping containers. There were maybe 10-12 local vendors, all selling the same stuff you can find everywhere in the Caribbean.

Barbados on 1/25/22.

zyI2e2e.jpg?1

• Thanks 1