Pre-Cruise Covid test.

StillLooking4Adventure

Sorry, I posted this before realizing this forum was.for UK cruise lines and I can't delete.

Ā 

I am cruising with Celebrity from Southampton in late April.Ā  Celebrity requires a negative Covid antigen test 48 hrs prior. On a cruise I took out if Miami in December,Ā  I used the Celebrity recommended Binex test from optum since 48 hrs prior was Thanksgiving and other options would not be available.Ā  This is one option for this trip and they cost $100.Ā 

Ā 

We are arriving in London one week before the cruise for sightseeing. What options in London would you recommend for the required test before heading to Southampton? Are they readily available or should I just bring the tests with? Thanks.

Edited by StillLooking4Adventure

Have Celebrity actually specified that a PCR test will be required for European cruises ?

P&O currently do not require PCR tests, and Princess have not made any mention of testing being requured for their European cruises.Ā 

• 2 months later...
On 2/1/2022 at 10:00 AM, wowzz said:

Have Celebrity actually specified that a PCR test will be required for European cruises ?

P&O currently do not require PCR tests, and Princess have not made any mention of testing being required for their European cruises.Ā 

I got a message from Princess this morning and you need a test as well as being fully vaxed

Ā 

Hello,

Ā 

I have not heard from RCI as to what is required/acceptable re a pre-boarding test result but it looks as if a simple antigen will be sufficient (sailing ex Soton 15th May).

Ā 

What I would like to know is what info is appearing on other's test results paperwork. RCI's requirements are listed below and I just wondered if those details would appear as standard from any tester or whether RCI is 'gold plating' the requirements - I don't want to be denied boarding because the tester left-off something. I see for one thing, reference is made to the CLIA - perhaps of little interest to most testers here.

Ā 

You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includesĀ the name of the lab that processed the test, the labā€™s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctorā€™s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a ā€œnegativeā€ box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document.

Ā 

Regards,

Ā 

Cublet

Ā 

I have to test 1 day prior to my med cruise in June, which tests are acceptable for European cruise flying from Manchester toĀ  Barcelona when I clicked on the link on the healthy at sea page it said for U.S customers nothing about U.K.Ā 

Ā 

• 2 weeks later...

I have been investigating for my July cruise and found the bestĀ  way is to book on line an appointment without paying for the 29.99 test to fly at Lloyds pharmacies and there are several in Southampton as well as other townsĀ  Ā Then you pay when you arrive to be tested and results given within 20 minutes in writing.

Thank you for your reply I have also been looking but i also have another problem my cruise is the Queen's jubilee I fly on the Saturday 4th June so would need to test either Thurs/Fri which are both Bank Holidays in the UK and most pharmacies near me are closed.

24 minutes ago, Mcrlyons said:

Thank you for your reply I have also been looking but i also have another problem my cruise is the Queen's jubilee I fly on the Saturday 4th June so would need to test either Thurs/Fri which are both Bank Holidays in the UK and most pharmacies near me are closed.

You probably need to e mail or telephone either Lloyds or Boots who do the same thing and see where there is one open (there usually are chemists open some time during bank holidays

1 hour ago, Mcrlyons said:

The Thursday is not an actual Bank Holiday.