Catholic Mass on QM2

angelNY

22 minutes ago, angelNY said:

Is there still daily Catholic Mass on QM2 sailings?

Number of crew
Daytime activities.
If your ship is at sea on a Sunday we're pleased to offer an interdenominational religious service. 

Whilst at sea you may wish to join the interdenominational religious service we hold in one of the theatres on board. These take place on a Sunday and are usually hosted by the Captain or Staff Captain. In addition, during the festive season we hold a midnight mass on board. A Catholic Priest sails permanently on Queen Mary 2 and we're pleased to have Catholic and Protestant Priests on board Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth at Christmas and Easter, with services held accordingly.

Life on board

7 hours ago, angelNY said:

Is there still daily Catholic Mass on QM2 sailings?

We are a sailing in September and very much hope so.

We always had a Catholic Priest all the times we sailed on a Cunard ships. I am very happy when sailing on the QM2 how filled the Illuminations Theater is with vacationers.

Post Covid, the only line I've seen that endeavors to have a Catholic priest on all sailings is Holland America.  

I am attaching a link to Apostleship At Sea. If this is important to you, this would be a good resource for your answer.

http://www.aos-usa.org/cruise_lines.html

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Thanks 1

We were aboard QM2 for 3 weeks in 2019 and a Catholic priest was on board the entire time. He usually offered daily Mass in one of the smaller rooms near the computer terminals but for Sunday Mass used a larger lounge.

I would encourage you to attend the interdenominational service on Sunday as well. It's really well done and the collection is taken up for one of the seafarers' charities.