Icon of the Seas booking

Robo1098

On 1/31/2022 at 8:17 PM, Robo1098 said:

Has anyone heard anything about when bookings for Icon will open up? I heard they were opening up later sailings soon.

Bookings may come later than routine 2023-2024 itineraries- follow the Icon blocks or the 2023-2024 deployment threads - will be discussed there. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/31/2022 at 8:17 PM, Robo1098 said:

Has anyone heard anything about when bookings for Icon will open up? I heard they were opening up later sailings soon.

The next new Royal Caribbean International cruise ship is heading to North America in 2023.

Set for a fall delivery, the Icon of the Seas will be sailing in the Caribbean, according to Michael Bayley, Royal Caribbean International’s president and CEO.

Additional deployment details will be revealed at a later date, with itineraries going into sale 12 to 18 months before the ship’s first cruise, he added during a press conference in Miami Beach on Monday.

The company currently operates from all key Florida homeports including Miami, Port Everglades, Port Canaveral and Tampa. 

First in a new class of LNG-powered cruise ships, the Icon of the Seas is currently under construction at the Meyer Turku shipyard in Finland.

In October, the vessel received its two 307-ton LNG fuel tank, which, according to Royal Caribbean, are the largest in the entire cruise industry.

Royal Caribbean previously said that the 5,000-passenger ship will “make waves” with a mix of innovations and adventures “cruising’s never seen before.”

Royal Caribbean’s New Icon of the Seas to Sail in the Caribbean - Cruise Industry News

• Thanks 1

Didn't Michael Bayley also make an announcement some  months back that Icon of the seas will debut  in Southampton , UK ? . I do hope so as hubby  will be 70 in the Autumn 23 so that would be a nice way to celebrate 😎.  

Edited by heatherb1958

The only thing I'm afraid of is that they will price it out of our reach. We were pleasantly surprised about the price on our Alaska cruise on the Ovation, and also on the Wonder. We did the 4th Caribbean cruise on her, and rebooked her for next year while onboard. But this is a whole new class of ship, so I'm afraid it will command a premium price like the Oasis when it first came out.