PLF

sasmisjas

Can anyone help. I need to complete my passenger locator form  at least 48 hours before cruise departing Feb 11th. 
The form currently requires details of returning LFT booking, however no test will be necessary at this point as the rules change on Feb 11th. 
Has anyone got any ideas how to get around this as I don’t want to book and pay for a test that I don’t need. 
Thanks in anticipation. 

23 minutes ago, 2BACRUISER said:

The form will probably change in next few days, its only the 1st feb today so theres plenty of time for it to be updated by govt.  Just keep checking back. 

That’s what I’m doing but I find it so stressful. 
Otherwise I’m good to go. 

7 hours ago, sasmisjas said:

Can anyone help. I need to complete my passenger locator form  at least 48 hours before cruise departing Feb 11th. 
 {...}

Note that the PLF needs to be completed no EARLYER than 48 hours before arrival into the UK. 

(If yuou're flying into the UK the airline will/may ask to see it prior to boarding.

For example, I'm flying from  the USA on Friday, Feb. 11th, and landing at Heathrow at 0840 on Feb. 12.... I'm going to fill out  the PLF Thursday night (EST). 

Aloha,

John 

6 hours ago, jcl410 said:

Note that the PLF needs to be completed no EARLYER than 48 hours before arrival into the UK. 

(If yuou're flying into the UK the airline will/may ask to see it prior to boarding.

For example, I'm flying from  the USA on Friday, Feb. 11th, and landing at Heathrow at 0840 on Feb. 12.... I'm going to fill out  the PLF Thursday night (EST). 

Aloha,

John 

Hi John, I live in the UK and the rules for cruises of less than 19 nights require the PLF to be completed 48 hours BEFORE departure. 
As the rules change on Feb 11th no longer requiring lateral flow test on return, the form on government website will be out of date. I cannot complete it as it requires evidence that I have booked a lateral flow test. I hope this makes sense? 

Ok, so are you doing the four day to Hamburg? You'll be getting off right be fore we get on!  You stil cannot fill out the PLF until the 9th though. It's possible that the online form will be updated by then.

(In my case, I booked our antigen tests two weeks ago for the 12th. Unfortunately, I cannot get a refund from the clinic, only a voucher for a future test. (Which I hope I won't need.)) 

Have a great trip!

Here's the quote from 

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

"If you’re visiting or returning to the UK on a cruise that lasts 19 days or less, submit the form in the 48 hours before boarding. If your cruise is longer, you can submit the form while travelling. "

Aloha,

John

8 hours ago, jcl410 said:

Ok, so are you doing the four day to Hamburg? You'll be getting off right be fore we get on!  You stil cannot fill out the PLF until the 9th though. It's possible that the online form will be updated by then.

(In my case, I booked our antigen tests two weeks ago for the 12th. Unfortunately, I cannot get a refund from the clinic, only a voucher for a future test. (Which I hope I won't need.)) 

Have a great trip!

Here's the quote from 

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

"If you’re visiting or returning to the UK on a cruise that lasts 19 days or less, submit the form in the 48 hours before boarding. If your cruise is longer, you can submit the form while travelling. "

Aloha,

John

Just back from QE cruise.  I encountered 2 separate passengers being assisted by the tech guy in completing their forms on board (in the Library).  There was no checking of PLF at check-in.  On a Princess cruise (13 day) in October, they set aside an area for people to be assisted in the arrangements.  It therefore appears that the requirement to complete BEFORE starting the cruise is not set in stone - much more convenient to do so though.

I am having the same worry. Just tried the advice code 0000. doesn't work.

I phoned up Cunard but got no joy.  First she said the cruise was before the ending of restriction.

I replied that restrictions end at 0400 am and we did not even board before then.

Then she said fill it in on board, I said I didn't want to pay for the internet just for that.

Now the best one - Find somewhere in Hamburg with free  wi fi 

She then told me help would be available on board if required.

First time on Cunard but with Customer Services like that, it will be my last

If all else fails, the tech guy in the library was doing this for passengers on the 18-30 Jan cruise on QE.  They just turned up, looked thick and didn't have to buy internet time.  PLFs were not being checked on boarding and Cunard does not want the bother of arriving back and having a passenger who cannot land because of the lack of a form.

On 2/1/2022 at 3:38 PM, jcl410 said:

Aloha,

John 

I think you will find that for cruises you may submit a PLF up to 21 days ahead of travel. You soon find if your PLF has been accepted as you get a QR code and confirmation letter which can be printed as an alternative way of presenting it.  People who want to fill in something earlier than this can open a Passenger Locator Account and on this you can pre-load several different future trips which can be stored and later submitted as PLF's when it is an appropriate time.

Regards John

• Haha 1

Still the problem when filling in the form of the Reference Number .To get that you have to have booked a 2 day LFT which you pay for but by the time of my cruise ,11-15 Feb, no longer need.New forms I'm told won't be available till later in the month

I know! It is really worrying me. I tried the helpline and the response I got was if the new form is not available you will have to book a LFT to circumnavigate the problem which is ridiculous. 
Why can they not issue a new form that will be effective from 11/02? 
I despair!!! 

On 2/5/2022 at 2:46 PM, geordiebing said:

Still the problem when filling in the form of the Reference Number .To get that you have to have booked a 2 day LFT which you pay for but by the time of my cruise ,11-15 Feb, no longer need.New forms I'm told won't be available till later in the month

See prev comment. 

We filled our forms out yesterday using the same ref numbers for a couple of tests from last year and it worked a treat.

Since we don’t require a test upon arrival back into the UK but the powers that be haven’t got the up to date form ready I can’t really see the problem, I’m sure someone will point out that what we’ve done is wrong but I’m not going to lose sleep over it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DaisyUK said:

I just filled in our PLF for a departure on 11th Feb, and it seems the form has been updated. It now offers the option that 'I am arriving in the UK after 4am GMT on 11th Feb' . 

Thanks but noticed this myself this morning. What a relief! Phew 😰 

Hi Selkie74

Just completed our UK PLF's too.

Portugal - tried to do this recently but it won't allow you to proceed: it seems as though you can only do it 96 hours (4days) prior to arrival.  You may already realise, but in case not,  if you use the Portugal PLF form link from the Cunard A-Z port info it takes you to a cruise specific form for completion.  Looking for form on internet may take you to a form relating to arrival by air rather than cruise.

Spain - looking at Cunard A-Z it suggests that we won't need to complete Spain PLF.  Fingers crossed that is the case.

We are sailing on QE to Madeira, Canaries, Gib and Cadiz on 20th February.  I am not sure yet what the PLF requirements are for the differing countries.  Is it best to complete any before sailing, or do they have to be completed nearer the time on the ship and what prompts are there from Cunard if on-board?

Selkie74

Re Portugal and test to go ashore.  Comment on P&O A-Z is also showing antigen test as being required to go ashore in Lisbon.  It may be that requirements for Lisbon differ from elsewhere in Portugal or, it could be that Lisbon authorities still want those arriving on cruise ships to have test.  I guess we will just have to wait and see once we are onboard.

RJC

You may have already found the Cunard A-Z to refer to.  They update this document which gives info on destination requirements for PLF / tests etc.

It can be found on www.cunard.com  It should open with 'Important Information' box at top of screen.  Click on 'our Covid-19 hub'.  Scroll down to Going on shore section to find  ' view our A-Z port guide (pdf)'.

Where a country allows their PLF to be completed before we sail it may be useful to get it done out of the way. As noted in #21 above you can only do Portugal PLF 4 days before arrival. However, if we have itinerary changes once we are sailing and we go to a port on a different day it looks like we may need to complete a new form as the arrival date we originally entered would no longer be valid. (Unlikely we can edit anything we have already submitted).

I think we will all be hoping that Cunard will prompt us once we are onboard our cruises.

Hope the above is of help.