Navigator App Updates

ShipWalker

I have taken screen shots of my boarding pass so it is easy to see the changes. Looks like the updates have made things confusing (or just downright wrong.)

A screen shot from Monday, January 22:

image.thumb.jpeg.2f0671808e8bd6c0b51a8f851f36a0c9.jpeg

A screen shot from earlier today (Thursday, January 25):

image.thumb.jpeg.cc9a4a2d092c00c96142e814e461da5e.jpeg

And a another screen shot from today (January 25) AFTER doing the app update on my iPad:

image.thumb.jpeg.5b3454c5e37c2166aa635095a5d440da.jpeg

We had gotten an updated email changing our boarding group from E to H, but no longer is the boarding time listed. I wonder how long it will take them to figure this out? 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 7:51 PM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I just updated navigator. It knew down to the minute how soon my cruise begins, but when I tapped boarding pass, I got one for Eurodam last January! So I signed out and signed in and got the boarding pass for my upcoming cruise. it says "Boarding begins at 12:00 PM/GROUP C. But if I look on the website, my boarding pass says check in is at 1:40 for Group C. 

The Navigator says I have Open Seating. That better not turn out to be true. I booked this cruise ASAP when it was posted and I always request early dining, large table.  Does the computer default to open dining because I bought CO? Zaandam doesn't have a CO dining room. 

When I've had CO, it did revert to Open Seating. I went to MDR as soon as I boarded and got it changed. That way I could have the dining time I wanted when I ate it MDR but still had the option of CO.

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2024 at 10:50 PM, AryMay said:

I have taken screen shots of my boarding pass so it is easy to see the changes. Looks like the updates have made things confusing (or just downright wrong.)

A screen shot from Monday, January 22:

image.thumb.jpeg.2f0671808e8bd6c0b51a8f851f36a0c9.jpeg

A screen shot from earlier today (Thursday, January 25):

image.thumb.jpeg.cc9a4a2d092c00c96142e814e461da5e.jpeg

And a another screen shot from today (January 25) AFTER doing the app update on my iPad:

image.thumb.jpeg.5b3454c5e37c2166aa635095a5d440da.jpeg

We had gotten an updated email changing our boarding group from E to H, but no longer is the boarding time listed. I wonder how long it will take them to figure this out? 

The latest update intentionally changed check-in time to boarding begins time.  Here's a screenshot from my phone.  The app updated 2 days ago.  It also says:  Added "Required Check-in Time to Boarding Pass".

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

I wonder if the change to "boarding time begins" is their way of accepting that people don't pay attention to assigned check-in times. It lets you know how long you'll be waiting if you show up at the terminal early. Has anyone boarded a HAL cruise anywhere that they checked the assigned group/time on the boarding pass?

• Like 2

I "tapped for more information," and I see that my disembarkation time has been assigned already. Talk about "thank you for traveling with us, now GO HOME!" 

Kidding aside, it's useful to know that for planning purposes. But do they give you an option to change it onboard? I think suites get to choose, but what about HIA or CO? So many variations on "priority" have me confused. 

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I "tapped for more information," and I see that my disembarkation time has been assigned already. Talk about "thank you for traveling with us, now GO HOME!" 

As my dad used to say: "here's your hat, here's your coat, what's your hurry?"

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I wonder if the change to "boarding time begins" is their way of accepting that people don't pay attention to assigned check-in times. It lets you know how long you'll be waiting if you show up at the terminal early. Has anyone boarded a HAL cruise anywhere that they checked the assigned group/time on the boarding pass?

I've only had it enforced in San Diego. There are signs w/the times - pax are supposed to queue in the appropriate time slot. They checked boarding passes and were sending people to other lines if they were not in the right one. It was a nightmare. This was Dec 21 (last month).

14 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

I've only had it enforced in San Diego. There are signs w/the times - pax are supposed to queue in the appropriate time slot. They checked boarding passes and were sending people to other lines if they were not in the right one. It was a nightmare. This was Dec 21 (last month).

Even priority? 

Southampton holds people to their arrival times, at least for Cunard cruises. But they let priority go right in. When I boarded Queen Victoria in October, I got to the terminal around 11:30. I don't remember what my assigned time was. I saw the queue of people along the side of the building and I showed my boarding pass to one of the staff. He said "Oh, you're diamond, please go through." I said "I guess all those cruises have paid off." He laughed and said, "And all the money you've spent on them." I was on the ship around noon.

I will be boarding in Miami next month. I'm hoping they ignore assigned times as FLL does. 

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

11 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Even priority? 

Southampton holds people to their arrival times, at least for Cunard cruises. But they let priority go right in. When I boarded Queen Victoria in October, I got to the terminal around 11:30. I don't remember what my assigned time was. I saw the queue of people along the side of the building and I showed my boarding pass to one of the staff. He said "Oh, you're diamond, please go through." I said "I guess all those cruises have paid off." He laughed and said, "And all the money you've spent on them." I was on the ship around noon.

I will be boarding in Miami next month. I'm hoping they ignore assigned times as FLL does. 

Priority had 1 line, so no matter the time on your boarding pass you could get in that line. Then just be prepared to show your status to each worker as they only looked at the time. It was not like that Dec 2022 and I hope they fix it.

39 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Priority had 1 line, so no matter the time on your boarding pass you could get in that line. Then just be prepared to show your status to each worker as they only looked at the time. It was not like that Dec 2022 and I hope they fix it.

Sometimes it depends on who's working on a given day, especially if it's a port that doesn't get a lot of visits. I remember checking in at Boston back before their port was busy. A woman where the priority/nonpriority lines split asked me how many Marriott stars I had!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Sometimes it depends on who's working on a given day, especially if it's a port that doesn't get a lot of visits. I remember checking in at Boston back before their port was busy. A woman where the priority/nonpriority lines split asked me how many Marriott stars I had!

My answer "how many Marriott stars equals HAL priority? Cuz that's how many I have." LOL 😆 🤣 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Version 4.34.1 is now available for iPhone and Android.

To find your current version press "Experiences" in the center bottom banner with the ship and then press "about".

What's New

Version 4.34.1

In this release we've made the following updates.

-Removed boarding groups from Boarding Pass

-Added the ability to request an accessible table

We regularly update the Navigator App so make sure you have the latest version. We are committed to providing a great cruise experience and we would love to know what you think

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1