Wifi and Zoom, is it possible?

redrobyn114

Hi Everyone! I am going to be taking 2 Princess Cruises this year and both of them I will have to do some work while on board. I usually connect with my clients over zoom audio with no camera on. Princess claims their internet is fastest enough to do this but I wanted to ask if any of you know about how good the wifi service is.

Thank you so much in advance. 

It will depend on where your cruises are going. If north then there are many reports of bad service. If south then it should be possible. Had great service in December while taking a Southern Caribbean cruise for 10 days.

Edited by Potstech
  • Like 1

It should be noted that the lack of internet when going close to the north or south poles is not a Princess specific issue.  It is a satellite issue.  It is just a limitation that cannot be overcome until such time that there is adequate satellite coverage over the poles. 

Had next to no internet on my Nov. TA. It was due to the satellite positions. Everyone received a credit. For the 14 day cruise we only had internet for the 3 or 4 day and then late the last day of the cruise.  I had better internet on TAs in the "old days".

I have been able to teach college courses (Zoom,etc) on three cruises since October.  Never had a problem on California Coastal, Mexican Riviera itineraries out of SF.  Students had no idea I was teaching from my cabin (though I did inform my department chair!).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, disneyochem said:

I have been able to teach college courses (Zoom,etc) on three cruises since October.  Never had a problem on California Coastal, Mexican Riviera itineraries out of SF.  Students had no idea I was teaching from my cabin (though I did inform my department chair!).

That’s awesome! Thank you for the info. I will actually be teaching from the ship as well 🙂