Back to Back on Mardi Gras

Cinders411

I have also posted this question on the Mardi Gras Roll Call forum. I am interested in doing B2B. Have only one leg booked now,  for Feb 12th. I am worried about how to do the covid testing in between the first and second cruise. Do I have to call Carnival to schedule a test if doing a back to back? Can I schedule it online when I book the cruise? Do I have to leave the ship and try to find a rapid antigen test? We are vaccinated/boostered. I have done a search but, not really found any definite answers. I am running out of time to book the second leg but am afraid to without understanding the process. In past, my calls to Carnival for other issues have not always worked out so well. Has anyone already done a B2B?

I am booked on back-to-back cruises. Will I be tested in between voyages?

When traveling on back-to-back cruises on the same ship, guests will receive an antigen test in between voyages.

Back-to-back guests traveling on another Carnival Cruise Line ship within one day of disembarking their first voyage should inform onboard Guest Services in advance so they can receive the required pre-travel COVID-19 test before they disembark. Guests must present their negative test results upon arrival at the cruise terminal for their next voyage.

Back-to-back guests traveling on another Carnival Cruise Line ship within 2-7 days of when they disembark their first voyage should present proof of their previous cruise to the health screening staff at check-in so they can receive the required pre-travel COVID-19 test at the cruise terminal.

The test will be offered on a complimentary basis to vaccinated guests, and included in the $150 testing and reporting fee assessed to unvaccinated guests.

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_072821

We just did a B2B on the Mardi Gras in January. We had a letter in our cabin telling us to report to the punchliner comedy club on Friday at 1:00pm the day before the 2nd week would start. Everybody got their test done and was told if you didn't hear from them after an hour you were good to go.  There was no cost involved and took maybe 30 minutes from start to finish.

• Like 2