Silver Spirit Black Sea cruise

wren2

I have just renewed my option on the above for the second time. I am very open to an itinerary change, providing the Spirit still went to at least three Black Sea ports, but as I have sailed over 60 times with Silversea, I have visited the Greek islands many times. If the cruise changed to purely Greece, then I would like to be offered a refund. I finally was notified by the London office that the refund policy is decided only after a voyage has been cancelled or radically changed. I know last September passengers were offered a full refund, if they did not want a cruise round the Greek Islands.  My trust in Silversea has been badly   shaken by the non-allowance of the 10% VS discount and 15% non-refundable deposit imposed on port to port fares. My question is whether fellow cruisers think Silversea would offer a refund if there was a major itinerary change? A difficult question I know.

1 hour ago, wren2 said:

My trust in Silversea has been badly   shaken by the non-allowance of the 10% VS discount and 15% non-refundable deposit imposed on port to port fares.

Why? I look on this fare option as somewhat akin to 'basic economy' on a plane - if you buy the cheapest ticket, you don't expect to get the business class perks.

I rather think that offering p2p fares is a misstep for SS - so many people seem view it as just a cheaper option all about not having included air, but it is very much different from that. There has to be a financial advantage to SS or they wouldn't offer the option.

Given the dissatisfaction that is appearing, I won't be surprised if p2p fares quietly go away.

• Like 1

I have been inquiring about July 10 cruise, through TA, and so far, there is no change in itinerary.   

Planning to do a port-to-port reservation in 2-3 weeks. Anybody else has any thoughts/experience in port-to port?