Spa cabin vs. Balcony

TenForward

Trying to decide between a spa cabin or a balcony on the Getaway in December...  I don't care for the location of the spa cabins (beneath the fitness center) so I think I'd rather go with a balcony and then purchase a thermal suite pass for the week.  Wondering if there is a limited number of spa passes in which case we would not get one?  Our friends are booked in an actual spa cabin so we wouldn't want to not have access.   Are there any other advantages to the spa cabins (aside from the thermal suite) that we might be missing by booking a regular balcony?

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, TenForward said:

Trying to decide between a spa cabin or a balcony on the Getaway in December...  I don't care for the location of the spa cabins (beneath the fitness center) so I think I'd rather go with a balcony and then purchase a thermal suite pass for the week.  Wondering if there is a limited number of spa passes in which case we would not get one?  Our friends are booked in an actual spa cabin so we wouldn't want to not have access.   Are there any other advantages to the spa cabins (aside from the thermal suite) that we might be missing by booking a regular balcony?

Thanks in advance.

We booked a spa balcony on Breakaway on deck 14 directly below fitness center this past December.  Came with free access to thermal spa.  Great location.  No noise issues at all in our case if that is what you are concerned with.  Breakaway and Getaway layout are nearly identical.  Hope this helps.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

We booked a spa balcony on Breakaway on deck 14 directly below fitness center this past December.  Came with free access to thermal spa.  Great location.  No noise issues at all in our case if that is what you are concerned with.  Breakaway and Getaway layout are nearly identical.  Hope this helps.

Yes, mostly the noise I was concerned about...seeing both the fitness center and the pool 1 deck up.  Good to know there were no noise issues.  Thanks!

15 hours ago, TenForward said:

mostly the noise I was concerned about

No noise issues on our previous spa balconies, and the shower is nicer in the spa cabin (additional jets on a bar that is vertical in the wall, etc.).  The thermal suite passes were selling at $249/pp for the week onboard Escape last week.

The only noise I ever heard in a spa cabin on getaway was when we were on the balcony, the noise from the pool deck was noticeable. Never heard anything in the cabin. I would price the two cabins and then see what the spa day pass costs. You can purchase it pre cruise (well you could pre-covid) so you don't have to worry about getting one. The good thing about the spa cabins is that they are close to the spa.

• Like 1