NCL Joy Haven Room 15140

marci0914

We just booked our first cruise in the Haven.  We have cruised with our children many times and we are all excited for our first Haven experience.  My children are 11 and 9 and we are sailing April 16-23. We are booked in room 15140 in the The Haven Family Villa Suite with Balcony. What can you all tell me that we should expect from the Haven experience?  Is there anything that I need to take care of before we get on the ship?  Thank you so much for your help!!

18 minutes ago, marci0914 said:

We just booked our first cruise in the Haven.  We have cruised with our children many times and we are all excited for our first Haven experience.  My children are 11 and 9 and we are sailing April 16-23. We are booked in room 15140 in the The Haven Family Villa Suite with Balcony. What can you all tell me that we should expect from the Haven experience?  Is there anything that I need to take care of before we get on the ship?  Thank you so much for your help!!

Have a great time.  Haven is nice.  They used to have shoreside concierge send out a mailer about 45 days prior.  Not sure if still the case.

Since you have kids, guessing they don't have any meal packages for specialties.  Other than maybe Teppanyaki, we've stuck to Haven for for dinner vs say Cagney's. Food in Haven for us has been very good.

Note that actual Haven service can vary widely.  Ask for daily treats your family likes vs the normal ones.

1 hour ago, marci0914 said:

Enjoy the Haven! It will be a wonderful cruise. 

With kids, take advantage of your butler to make the experience fun for them. Us "big kids" have our butler keep bowls of M&Ms (plain or peanut), gummy bears, and bar mix filled. (The uneaten snacks are tucked away in zip lock bags for snacking while ashore the next day). We have our room steward empty the mini fridge (may or may not be needed now), and have our butler keep pitchers of water and ice tea filled (could be milk or lemonade or juice). Your butler will bring you an afternoon snack. Us big kids sometimes ask our butler to bring some PB&J sandwiches along with the default snack. 

You are not in the Haven complex proper (over 1/2 of the Haven rooms are not in the Haven complex). So you will have to venture up there to enjoy the pool, Jacuzzis, and sauna. Mom and Dad can venture up to the adults-only sundeck.

On the "good news" side, your room is steps away from the Observation Lounge. You are steps away from a quick snack, bar, and Starbucks. The Haven has an equivalent lounge two deck above. 

image.png.f0cbbc9966610ef2c65ed154a481bed3.png

image.png.b20b043925fa9f18400bcdad75099a06.png

image.png.8d7400df7d54544c71bfd9597925feea.png

image.png.a89b44c930489e90578584dc01336e46.png

On a busy port day, we have our butler serve us breakfast in the room. Your butler will serve breakfast (or any meal) on a white tablecloth at the time you request. There are standard breakfast "check box" cards in the stateroom. IGNORE THE CHECKBOXES and write whatever you want from the Haven restaurant on the card (eggs over easy, egg white omelet,  steak, ham, sausage, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, breakfast potatoes, hash browns, fresh fruits, breads, juices, and a diet pepsi). 

image.png.c31bfad48252027011ef86aee14c56eb.png

image.png.b92fe36d363eca0885be1393d7ffaa1a.png

We have, after a large meal in a specialty restaurant, had the restaurant call the night butler and deliver our desserts to the room. That way, after an evening of entertainment, we get back to the room for a late night snack. 

image.png.dd0db06053d5b7a9cacc921a7a6a40cb.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1