Future cruise booking on board; What's available?

nursinadream

28 minutes ago, ORV said:

Yes, but those catalogs won't give you the air credit cost. 

Oops, sorry...I was mingling posts in my cider-addled brain. I'm a cruise-only sort of person so I can save my math brain cells for work and Mensa quizzes (in September...woohoo!).

18 hours ago, nursinadream said:

I've read several posts about the benefits and savings of booking on board.  What can be booked?  Is the whole catalog available, or just  your present shp?

Deb

Nurseinadream,

There are several advantages to booking on board. You can make a reduced deposit to hold your reservation, and you do get a discount for booking on board. The discount varies between the length of the cruise and the state room category that you reserved. You also will receive onboard credit either to be applied to your current cruise that you are on, or to be applied to the future cruise you are booking.  Also, you can change the date of your cruise ones without losing your benefits.

I hope to see you on board someday soon!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, nursinadream said:

I've read several posts about the benefits and savings of booking on board.  What can be booked?  Is the whole catalog available, or just  your present shp?

Deb

You don't have to choose a cruise when you book onboard. You purchase a future credit with a lower deposit ($250/person) than the standard deposit and then you have a year to browse and book it. It can be whatever cruise has availability and it doesn't have to be the ship you're currently on.  You're also guaranteed of getting the lowest price of that particular cruise. 

This is how it was a couple of years ago when we did this. It may have changed since then.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Guest said:

Jancruz1,

Yes I was asked to choose the Olife I wanted and selected the Shore Excursions.

🙂

IMHO after cruising on O for many years, the tour option is the best deal for anyone to take..unless you like a lot of wine and beer with lumch and dinner..

Jancruz1

• Haha 1

Follow up question.  We are taking our first Oceania cruise next January.  Lets assume we love it and want to take advantage of booking another cruise, or just an open booking while on board.  I understand that our deposit goes down from $750 per person to $250 pp and that we then get a $100 credit for the current cruise.  My question regards the labor day sale.  Are we better off not booking and waiting to book during the sale (understanding that availability may be a factor) ?  After all, the deposit drop, while nice is not really saving us any money so as far as I know, we are only saving $100. (Assume a 10 day cruise max as we both still work and cannot take off that much time)  Or perhaps I misunderstood how this works.  Appreciate your advice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woofa said:

Follow up question.  We are taking our first Oceania cruise next January.  Lets assume we love it and want to take advantage of booking another cruise, or just an open booking while on board.  I understand that our deposit goes down from $750 per person to $250 pp and that we then get a $100 credit for the current cruise.  My question regards the labor day sale.  Are we better off not booking and waiting to book during the sale (understanding that availability may be a factor) ?  After all, the deposit drop, while nice is not really saving us any money so as far as I know, we are only saving $100. (Assume a 10 day cruise max as we both still work and cannot take off that much time)  Or perhaps I misunderstood how this works.  Appreciate your advice.

you can book onboard  & if the sale  comes out & there is availability in the same cabin cat you booked  you can ask for the new deal

2 hours ago, Woofa said:

If you book onboard you also get a lower price than you currently see online. Last December the discount for a 10-day cruise ranged from $300 (cat C-E) to $800 (cat. OS-OC) per cabin, plus the $100 SBC for either the current or booked cruise. As LHT28 said, the onboard booking comes with the "best price guarantee", so you may be able to get a lower fare if it later appears (my TA lets me know if there is a lower price). You are also able to change your sailing date once before final payment.

• Haha 1

Everyone need also realize that Oceania has a new policy of allowing one to get all onboard booking credits and privileges  starting 30 days before sailing. This is new so I don’t know all the details most importantly if it can be booked through one’s TA , or must be done directly with an O rep and then transferred to your TA. The other issue is how you find out what that cruise discount will be.

At thirty (30) days before your cruise one will get an email from Oceania pointing out this program. The email was long on hype and very short on details.

For those with an early March cruise you should be able to use this program to book a newly released cruise, with all the privileges, at month end. The very popular , or once per year cruises, will most likely be sold out if you wait until boarding. 

Anyone that knows the details from experience might chime in. Friends on our cruise attempted to book a future cruise using the program, but Oceania cancelled our cruise in the process of the booking and refused to honor the program for the new booking.

48 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Everyone need also realize that Oceania has a new policy of allowing one to get all onboard booking credits and privileges  starting 30 days before sailing.

I do not think it is that new  it was  inforce for  a few years now

Here is the press release

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2018/OCEANIA+CRUISES+UNVEILS+NEW+GUEST+EXPERIENCE+ENHANCEMENTS+-+More+Convenient+Ways+to+Plan%2c+Save%2c+Spend%2c+and+Travel+are+part+of+OceaniaNEXT/

• Like 1

22 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Everyone need also realize that Oceania has a new policy of allowing one to get all onboard booking credits and privileges  starting 30 days before sailing. This is new so I don’t know all the details most importantly if it can be booked through one’s TA , or must be done directly with an O rep and then transferred to your TA. The other issue is how you find out what that cruise discount will be.

At thirty (30) days before your cruise one will get an email from Oceania pointing out this program. The email was long on hype and very short on details.

For those with an early March cruise you should be able to use this program to book a newly released cruise, with all the privileges, at month end. The very popular , or once per year cruises, will most likely be sold out if you wait until boarding. 

Anyone that knows the details from experience might chime in. Friends on our cruise attempted to book a future cruise using the program, but Oceania cancelled our cruise in the process of the booking and refused to honor the program for the new booking.

Interesting.  I'm less than 4 weeks from sailing and I didn't get that email.  I'm on the Regatta which at the moment I'm afraid is a big question mark if it will actually sail. 

Thanks for pointing this out. I was unaware of it.

36 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

Interesting.  I'm less than 4 weeks from sailing and I didn't get that email.  I'm on the Regatta which at the moment I'm afraid is a big question mark if it will actually sail. 

Thanks for pointing this out. I was unaware of it.

I would call my TA and inquire.