Future cruise booking on board; What's available?

nursinadream

Our friends currently onboard the Marina going to the Panama Canal just booked a cruise for next June to France and Spain on the Riviera. She texted me with info on what I could get if we booked now also and we saved $600.00 on a Penthouse. Looking at the website it seems they knocked off the port charges. That’s just and example. I’m sure there are many more!

37 minutes ago, Guest said:

Our friends currently onboard the Marina going to the Panama Canal just booked a cruise for next June to France and Spain on the Riviera. She texted me with info on what I could get if we booked now also and we saved $600.00 on a Penthouse. Looking at the website it seems they knocked off the port charges. That’s just and example. I’m sure there are many more!

Oceania does not breakout port charges.  They are part of the cruise fare.

What I mean is when you start to book a cabin and you select that you don’t need airfare, when you go to the next screen the price goes up and that includes the port charges. Travel agents list port costs separately but Oceania is one of the cruise lines that combine it with your final cost…….but that is on top of the initial price they display when you first choose your cabin category.  That is where I am getting the probable savings being $600. 00  for my husband and myself.

30 minutes ago, Guest said:

What I mean is when you start to book a cabin and you select that you don’t need airfare, when you go to the next screen the price goes up and that includes the port charges. Travel agents list port costs separately but Oceania is one of the cruise lines that combine it with your final cost…….but that is on top of the initial price they display when you first choose your cabin category.  That is where I am getting the probable savings being $600. 00  for my husband and myself.

I have never see that occur in any of my bookings.  The price shown online is what I'm charged and my TA doesn't list any port charges.  Since I don't use Oceania's air that price is the cruise only fare plus the cost of OLife, if I chose it.  Is this something new? Has anyone else seen this?

Wow…. Just go on Oceania website and do a pretend booking. When you are asked to select cabin you will be asked above if you want airfare. Say no, so those charges aren’t added and proceed to next page. You will see $300. (each person) in the new page right before you select your Cabin number.

While on Riviera in Dec 21 I just went to the office and sat down across the desk from the employee and her terminal. Told her what cruise I was interested in and the room type. And as long as they had room availability, any and every cruise listed was possible to be booked. She showed me all the rooms that were left on the various cruises I looked at. (Saved $200 per on our 10-day cruise. Plus $100 cruise credit. Think it was only $100 off per for cruises less than 10 days. Forget about how much off for longer cruises. I was looking at A and B veranda staterooms.)

9 minutes ago, Guest said:

Wow…. Just go on Oceania website and do a pretend booking. When you are asked to select cabin you will be asked above if you want airfare. Say no, so those charges aren’t added and proceed to next page. You will see $300. (each person) in the new page right before you select your Cabin number.

The $300 is the difference between cruise only price and the price that includes the Olife program without the air charge.  The $300 gives you the choice of included excursions, the basic beverage package or OBC.  It is not the port charges.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Guest said:

Sounds like the $300 was the airfare rebate ??

2 hours ago, Guest said:

Did you take the O Life option??? If you did not..that was the $600 savings

Jancruz1

1 hour ago, Jancruz said:

Did you take the O Life option??? If you did not..that was the $600 savings

Jancruz1

I sometimes do dummy bookings on O's site to check cabin availability before contacting my TA (she hates that I do her job for her, but I can't help myself!). I have not been able to remove O-Life when I do a dummy booking; even if I uncheck all of the O-Life choices, it still "charges" me for O-Life. Now maybe if I did a real booking, those charges would disappear...don't know. My TA said that her professional booking-thingy (not the O website) really likes to keep the O-Life option, but she has a way to remove it.

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Sounds like the $300 was the airfare rebate ??

She confused the OLife add-on to the cruise only fare with an an additional $300 charge. I don't think she understood that the booking was cruise only, and the OLife could be removed when booking online.  

Edited by 1985rz1

24 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

She confused the OLife add-on to the cruise only fare with an an additional $300 charge. I don't think she understood that the booking was cruise only, and the OLife could be removed when booking online.  

What is the secret password to remove the O-Life on the website? I'm usually pretty good at bending software to my will, but I have tried checking and unchecking everything with no luck (I don't need to, but it drives me a bit batty). I just went to the site to try again, but it's Saturday and we all know how the O-site like to take Saturday off. So what's the cheat code for this little game we call O-Online? 😉

22 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

What is the secret password to remove the O-Life on the website? I'm usually pretty good at bending software to my will, but I have tried checking and unchecking everything with no luck (I don't need to, but it drives me a bit batty). I just went to the site to try again, but it's Saturday and we all know how the O-site like to take Saturday off. So what's the cheat code for this little game we call O-Online? 😉

It's called a Travel Agent...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Haha, yes I use the TA secret, but I do dummy bookings to check room availability and the perfectionist in me (down boy!) gets annoyed when I can't remove O-Life.

The Oceania website has its issues.  [BTW, being down or flaky on Saturday evenings is a regular 'feature.']  They push O-Life so hard that it's hard to get a true 'cruise only' price no matter what you do.  The only way around it that I know is to figure out what the O-Life cost is for your cruise [they're all different] and do the math yourself.  If you aren't a big drinker and don't like ship tours, this is the only way to know what your cruise price will actually be.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Unless something has changed since I last checked it's pretty simple. Cruise only gives you the price without air or Olife. For 2 double that price. Chose book a cruise and say you don't want air. Take that price and subtract from the cruise only price. That gives you price of Olife. 

56 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Yep, Host Jazzbeau is correct, Travel Agent.  But, on a dummy booking I don't worry about it, since like you, I only use that to see what staterooms are available.  Then I use my fingers and toes to  calculate the total price from the listed cruise only price  and add the additional cost of OLife as implied per stateroom on the initial page by the SBC amount. 🖐️🦶 😁.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ORV said:

Unless something has changed since I last checked it's pretty simple. Cruise only gives you the price without air or Olife. For 2 double that price. Chose book a cruise and say you don't want air. Take that price and subtract from the cruise only price. That gives you price of Olife. 

Usually the price of the OLife is simply the SBC per person (half the SBS listed, as it's per stateroom).

Edited by 1985rz1

10 minutes ago, ORV said:

Or I look in one of my 500 catalogs 😄

Edited by AMHuntFerry
Oops...cider talking...brain shorting...I need a cruise

1 minute ago, 1985rz1 said:

But if you take the SBC as the cost of Olife, you can calculate the air credit.

Yeah, you have a point. And I was thinking some people were overthinking it. 

• Like 1