Antigen tests for entering Spain

mauimary

We will be entering Spain in July after a stay in the Netherlands.   From those of you who have already cruised in Spain were you able to use one of the proctored antigen self tests to enter Spain.  We certainly would like to as it is easier and less expensive than the ones at the Amsterdam Airport. 
thank you. 

1 hour ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Are you certain that you need one?  The way I read the current requirements, you don’t need a test if you are properly vaccinated.  Anything can change by July. 

I assumed so in order to be able to get the QR code. It would certainly be nice with vaccinations including our boosters are good. 

We are coming from the USA via The Netherlands.   I thought the US was considered a high risk area.  

Edited by mauimary

30 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

https://www.spth.gob.es

see the link above.  You need the QR code document, but you pair that with your proof of vaccination.

Thank you. LOL that was what we were looking at.  We do not know if the US is considered a high risk country!  Somewhere on that site is a map.  It’s a map under third countries and the US is very much red.  Somewhere it says testing if from a high risk area. That’s what I find confusing 

6A513CD5-2566-4B07-8466-EF7E2DC224A4.jpeg

E85BE40A-FA07-42C0-B4C9-F5C37BD844E3.jpeg

I appear to have misread the website (most likely) or it has changed recently (not so likely).  My interpretation of that site is that the US is certainly considered a high risk country and it looks like that currently does require a negative test.  I apologize for leading you astray. 

However, I think for a July cruise, your research really is too early.  So much will need to be updated and rewritten on these websites for the summer season.  I would not really spend too much time on this until June or so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I appear to have misread the website (most likely) or it has changed recently (not so likely).  My interpretation of that site is that the US is certainly considered a high risk country and it looks like that currently does require a negative test.  I apologize for leading you astray. 

However, I think for a July cruise, your research really is too early.  So much will need to be updated and rewritten on these websites for the summer season.  I would not really spend too much time on this until June or

Edited by mauimary

Actually we are not putting too much into quite yet.  I just started looking into it yesterday as we are getting ready to book our air. 

I do think there will still be testing involved and hopefully Spain will accept one of the proctored antigen ones we can do in a hotel room.  The cruiseline will for sure. 

We are flying into another country first so that complicates things somewhat for us. We will definitely need a PCR for The Netherlands. 

I think I know the confusion with the website linked above.  Until recently, Spain previously tracked both HIGH RISK countries and at RISK countries.  The documentation on the website indicates visitors from HIGH RISK countries require a Covid test to enter.  However, there currently no countries on their HIGH RISK list.  I found a recent post on TripAdvisor that tells this.  If you look at the PDF of 3rd countries on the linked website, it only lists at RISK countries.