Resubmit for Stock OBC

hkbragg

7 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

The offer isn't valid for cruises then. You have to wait until the offer is extended.

The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2023 aboard the brands listed below. Certain restrictions apply. Applications to receive these benefits should be made at least three weeks
prior to cruise departure d...

Though if you read the Princess boards, you will see cruise passengers getting their OBC for cruises well past that time despite being part of the same corporation.

5 hours ago, itching2cruiseagain said:

I had submitted for shareholder benefit in November 2021 for our March, April and May 2022 cruises and was denied. I resubmitted for my March cruise earlier this month and was just approved 🙂 

👍 for March and 🤞 for April and May.

It does seem like the definition of what is a reduced rate when it comes to the shareholder OBC for Carnival is getting back to where it was prior to this foolishness.

After being approved for several discounted cruises in the past my luck has temporarily run out. My next 2 free cruises were denied (a couple of times) but no worries , I can’t expect them to pay me to cruise anymore. I’ll just take my happy a$$ on the cruises and have a good time.

• Haha 1

Any chance I could make this happen if I bought the shares tomorrow, Monday, and get the OBC applied for a cruise leaving 2 weeks from today?

Do you have to own shares for a specific amount of time prior to getting OBC?

34 minutes ago, dasmonkey said:

Any chance I could make this happen if I bought the shares tomorrow, Monday, and get the OBC applied for a cruise leaving 2 weeks from today?

Do you have to own shares for a specific amount of time prior to getting OBC?

I just got a notification of how to deal with shareholder OBC when the sailing date is last minute.  Wish I would have known this last week since we sailed 3 days after we booked the trip.  

"Applications to receive the shareholder benefits (onboard credit) should be made at least three weeks prior to cruise departure date. In the future for last minute reservations, you can bring the statement with you onboard and take to guest service desk."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dasmonkey said:

Also is it accurate that the OBC will NOT apply to grats?

You don’t have to own them for a certain period. Just use the trade advice you get when you buy the shares.

the OBC just goes into your account, it will offset gratuities just fine.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, maluhia87 said:

I just got a notification of how to deal with shareholder OBC when the sailing date is last minute.  Wish I would have known this last week since we sailed 3 days after we booked the trip.  

"Applications to receive the shareholder benefits (onboard credit) should be made at least three weeks prior to cruise departure date. In the future for last minute reservations, you can bring the statement with you onboard and take to guest service desk."

So you just took the statement from your brokerage to guest services and they were able to apply to your account on board?   

Just now, dasmonkey said:

So you just took the statement from your brokerage to guest services and they were able to apply to your account on board?   

We just got the notification about going to guest services about 30 minutes ago so we were unable to try that method (cruised last weekend).  Just sharing the response we got for others who might be booking last minute and wanting to get the OBC. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maluhia87 said:

We just got the notification about going to guest services about 30 minutes ago so we were unable to try that method (cruised last weekend).  Just sharing the response we got for others who might be booking last minute and wanting to get the OBC. 

Awesome!  Thanks for the info!  🙂

13 minutes ago, Denverdonkeys said:

You don’t have to own them for a certain period. Just use the trade advice you get when you buy the shares.

the OBC just goes into your account, it will offset gratuities just fine.

Sweet! Thanks for the info and your help!

The last 2 cruises I took, January and 2 weeks ago, I had sent in the request 2-3 weeks before the cruise.   It was approved during the cruise, and the OBC applied at that time.  So, even though it might be last minute, go ahead and submit.

They are running a few weeks behind, due to staffing issues, but it might make it.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 1:46 PM, AtSeaWithChris said:

For cruises after June of this year you have to wait, until some time in march, for the benefit to be renewed again or not. The email is shareholders@carnival.com. You will be denied if you send a request in for a cruise after June until they formally approve of the benefit,.

Thanks.....saved me some grief.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crdtrnr said:

The last 2 cruises I took, January and 2 weeks ago, I had sent in the request 2-3 weeks before the cruise.   It was approved during the cruise, and the OBC applied at that time.  So, even though it might be last minute, go ahead and submit.

They are running a few weeks behind, due to staffing issues, but it might make it.

Sounds promising!  I went ahead and grabbed 100 shares shortly after the market opened this morning and already submitted.  I leave on the Glory out of NOLA 2 weeks from yesterday.  Fingers crossed it shows up before I get off the ship in just under 3 weeks.  If not, no biggie.

Just happy to get back on a boat for the first time since  Feb of '20 before the wheels all came off.  

1 hour ago, SouthernIllnoiscruisers said:

I am cruising in 3 weeks and had been denied a few weeks ago. But since resubmitting has worked for some and I have nothing to lose I just sent it in again.  Crossing my fingers!!

🤞 Good luck.

And when you get it approved 👍

I had submitted for my January cruise about 6 weeks in advance and was denied. Found out too late about trying to resubmit so never did for that cruise. 

My next cruise is in May so i went ahead and submitted at the end of February. I figured that way i would have time to resubmit if i were denied. About a week ago i got my email that my OBC was approved on the first try......Go figure. 

10 hours ago, ginnibobb said:

I had submitted for my January cruise about 6 weeks in advance and was denied. Found out too late about trying to resubmit so never did for that cruise. 

My next cruise is in May so i went ahead and submitted at the end of February. I figured that way i would have time to resubmit if i were denied. About a week ago i got my email that my OBC was approved on the first try......Go figure. 

Either they are getting better about being so petty, or you got the right employee this time and the wrong one last time. 

On 3/7/2022 at 9:52 AM, dasmonkey said:

Sounds promising!  I went ahead and grabbed 100 shares shortly after the market opened this morning and already submitted.  I leave on the Glory out of NOLA 2 weeks from yesterday.  Fingers crossed it shows up before I get off the ship in just under 3 weeks.  If not, no biggie.

Just happy to get back on a boat for the first time since  Feb of '20 before the wheels all came off.  

Just a follow up on this.  I got notice this morning that the $100 OBC was approved and applied to my account.   Kudo's to this department for the crazy fast turnaround.  Only 8 days from submission to confirmation.