leave in 48 days - Restaurant booking at 45 days out? And what section in the app?

abaci

We sail on March 27th and are now 48 days out from our sailing. I'm pretty sure I've seen on the forum somewhere that you can start booking restaurants at 45 days for non rockstars. However, I can't find this on Virgin's website at all. It is 45 days out that you can start selecting restaurants, correct? If not then what is the days before sailing that restaurants can be booked?

Also what part of the app do these appear in? Is it under the "discover" section? The restaurants are currently not showing up anywhere in the app that I'm seeing. Seems weird that they don't discuss/promote the restaurants in better detail prior to sailing since that is one of the main ways they appear to be setting their line apart from the typical cruise lines. 

I thought the same thing, but I believe that they changed it to 15 days prior... Even then, I was only able to select one restaurant, and then a couple of days later, I was able to book the other three. Their app leaves a lot to be desired...

I'm on the March 23rd on Scarlet Lady - On Sunday Morning (45 days) at midnight I went into the app and was able to book everything. I will say that it took about 30-45 seconds for the availability to load and then I had to select my wife as part of the party.

I actually shut off wifi on my phone just to make sure that didn't cause any weird conflicts.

18 hours ago, johnnylikely said:

Open app

Discover

Ship

Eateries

You should be able to fiddle with dates/times and restaurants

Thank you for this. I swear I looked through the entire app and didn't see where the restaurants were listed, but yup under the ship section. I was messing around a couple days before asking and I'm assuming it's been there the whole time and I just missed it. 

Also it says on 2/10 I can book so that is the 45 day mark I was looking for confirmation on. Thanks all for your replies. 

I don't mid the app, but I really wish they would allow people to do more then book through the website. Making everything exclusively through the app which isn't always as intuitive as I would think to find things is my only complaint so far with this cruise line. I've had no issues with the app crashing.

Now I can't wait to receive our bands.

Edited by abaci
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, abaci said:

Thank you for this. I swear I looked through the entire app and didn't see where the restaurants were listed, but yup under the ship section. I was messing around a couple days before asking and I'm assuming it's been there the whole time and I just missed it. 

Also it says on 2/10 I can book so that is the 45 day mark I was looking for confirmation on. Thanks all for your replies. 

I don't mid the app, but I really wish they would allow people to do more then book through the website. Making everything exclusively through the app which isn't always as intuitive as I would think to find things is my only complaint so far with this cruise line. I've had no issues with the app crashing.

No probs- sometimes it just doesn't show or is fiddly

it's not the easiest/most reliable app for sure!

Have all your reservations actually taken though?  I'm trying to book for Valiant Lady on 23rd March, and every restaurant/time I book it accepts the booking but about 30 seconds later I get a cancellation notification on the "messenger" tab of the app.... 

17 hours ago, abaci said:

I'm booked on the same cruise 🙂 I set an alarm on my phone as a reminder to book my reservations.  BUT I have read that they might disappear and you/we may have to rebook when we arrive at the port.  Their new dock is due to be finished by the time we sail though, that should be nice!  

On 2/8/2022 at 1:05 PM, Pootle said:

Have all your reservations actually taken though?  I'm trying to book for Valiant Lady on 23rd March, and every restaurant/time I book it accepts the booking but about 30 seconds later I get a cancellation notification on the "messenger" tab of the app.... 

I heard a lot of people had this. Mine has stuck... 

On 2/8/2022 at 1:05 PM, Pootle said:

yes kept happening to me too. I ended up messaging them via Twitter and they got it sorted quickly for me. As a bonus, pink agave wasn’t showing on the app and they were able to reserve this for me too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip on where the restaurants were located!

I booked last night and had no issues. The app was actually easy and cooperative. A few tips for those booking in the future:

- if you have a travel party be sure to link up prior to booking. 1 person can make group reservations. To link, go into the app under the messages tab and get the QR code from your sailing party. Only need one person per cabin to link you all. 
When booking the restaurant make sure to physically click on each persons “circle” to select them. 

- reservation window either Florida or England time. Either way, us on the west coast can book by 9pm the night prior to your opening. I checked the app at 8:40pm and could start booking. 

good luck all!