Any recent experience with Coki Beach?

ValerieJo

We are headed out on Oasis next month and docked in town (not Havensight).   We've been to St. Thomas a few times and have done Saphire Beach, Magan's Bay,  and St. John.   I was thinking of going to Coki Beach as it has some good snorkeling.  However, I watched a YouTube video last night from a few months ago and the reviewers said that there is lots of garbage and broken glass all over the beach.   Has anyone been in the last month or so to confirm that Coki is in sad shape?   Should we do Secret Beach of Emerald Beach instead?  Thanks.

• 3 months later...

We were just there a month ago (land vacation) and it was as beautiful as ever. I remember back several years ago people reporting broken glass and stuff on the beach and we have never experienced that and think maybe there was a day someone seen that and everyone just ran with it and started saying it. We've been there several times and never seen anything like this. It's one of our favorite beaches (and everyone else's too and can get crowded) but I don't think you can find better snorkeling. It's just that amazing with the colors of the coral and many fish.

You can check out my recent review with tons of pictures of the snorkeling. It is located on my website and can be found HERE.  We also did a discover scuba dive and it's in the exact same area, only your under the water of course, and this can all be seen while snorkeling if you go along the right side and around the bend heading toward Coral World. You can find this review HERE.

HERE is a previous visit to Coki and snorkeling and HERE is another scuba at Coki. 

All of these reviews have TONS of pictures. 

Thank you so much @blue_water and @mitsugirly !

I don’t think my family members can handle having to drag their own chairs and loungers like they would need to at Magen’s Bay and we went to Sapphire last time so we want to try Coki.

I’m actually reading your latest land vacation review right now @mitsugirly ! I’m just getting to the part where you made it to St.Thomas.

Coki must have come a long way, it's been a very long time since I was by there but when I was it's definitely not one of the nicer beaches especially on STT. I certainly hope this is the case, I would love to go back to Coki and spend the day.

Anyone know the status of any beach bars on Coki? Thanks. 

Edited by TTEllis
Typo

We’ve found Coki to be one of the top 3 beaches on the island for years. We stay at Sapphire, but we always look forward to going to both Coki and Lindqvist (now Smith Bay Park) when no ships are in. Coki is just a gorgeous, intimate beach ideal for a romantic outing…Of course it is one of the busiest and most crowded on big ship days because it is small…

Maybe that is what you are thinking of? Just too crowded? Or perhaps the neighborhood you drive through to get there? Coki has been beautiful at least since 2001 when we first visited…

There are vendors there vying to service you with lounges and food & drinks…

On 6/12/2022 at 6:36 PM, Cherries Jubilee said:

Thank you so much @blue_water and @mitsugirly !

I don’t think my family members can handle having to drag their own chairs and loungers like they would need to at Magen’s Bay and we went to Sapphire last time so we want to try Coki.

I’m actually reading your latest land vacation review right now @mitsugirly ! I’m just getting to the part where you made it to St.Thomas.

You're welcome and I hope you enjoy the review. 

2 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Coki must have come a long way, it's been a very long time since I was by there but when I was it's definitely not one of the nicer beaches especially on STT. I certainly hope this is the case, I would love to go back to Coki and spend the day.

Anyone know the status of any beach bars on Coki? Thanks. 

They had the beach bar open that's in the little hut along the stairs/deck walkway. You can also order from the beach and they'll bring it to you. 

3 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

You're welcome and I hope you enjoy the review. 

They had the beach bar open that's in the little hut along the stairs/deck walkway. You can also order from the beach and they'll bring it to you. 

Thank you very much for the info and update on Coki. Appreciate it. 👍