PCR test in St. Maarten

new_cruiser

Any suggestions on where to get a PCR test with quick results in St. Maarten - preferably near Philipsburg? 

My cruise line requires a PCR test within 3 days of boarding. I would have gotten it at home the day before departure but American Airlines cancelled my original departure flight so I'll now have to leave a day earlier and stay overnight in Miami. I land in St Maarten early afternoon 2 days before my cruise so I could get tested the day before the cruise as long as I get results by the next morning. I'm also looking into whether I can get the test on the way in Miami but timing is very tight for that.

• 1 month later...

To add to this question - anyone know anything about the requirements to board a plane (to the US) at SXM?  If I understand correctly you have to have a negative test within 24 hours of boarding, but after that the details seem to be vague.  It seems like an antigen test is allowed, so I'm wondering if one of the kits available for purchase - where you actually do the test with someone over zoom (they then certify the results) would count?

Heading to SXM, I understand, if you've been boosted within 9 months of arriving, you don't need to do anything prior to arrival?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2022 at 11:08 AM, Candleonwater said:

To add to this question - anyone know anything about the requirements to board a plane (to the US) at SXM?  If I understand correctly you have to have a negative test within 24 hours of boarding, but after that the details seem to be vague.  It seems like an antigen test is allowed, so I'm wondering if one of the kits available for purchase - where you actually do the test with someone over zoom (they then certify the results) would count?

Heading to SXM, I understand, if you've been boosted within 9 months of arriving, you don't need to do anything prior to arrival?

Yes, currently you don't have to test before arriving in St. Maarten if you meet their requirements for being fully vaccinated. You do have to fill out an online form and upload your vaccine card. The form can't be filled in  until 3 days before arrival and they say that approval of the form can take up to 12 hours so that was a bit anxiety producing. However, the approval came within a couple of hours even though I filled it out late afternoon West Coast time so it would have been evening there.

I used a CDC-approved eMed proctored test kit last fall to return to the US from Europe and it was accepted with no issues. It shouldn't matter where you are traveling from as the US COVID entry rules are the same from everywhere.

I ended up using the SLS lab in St. Maarten for the cruise line's required PCR test. They are well organized and the area for the test is in a shed with large door openings on 2 sides providing ventilation close to being outside so it felt very safe. They say results within 24 hours but I got the results by that evening so much sooner.