Beside myself! Do I have any recourse?

pjfnme

I am absolutely beside myself right now! I have been discussing a booking change with my PVP for a couple of days now. She was asked to remove a guest from a booking and add another.  The primary guest was remaining. It was very straightforward and not at all confusing. I received an email this morning that since the cabin had been booked under the guest’s name that was being removed, it would have to be canceled and rebooked. Well, I would agree with that completely IF the cabin had been booked under the removed person’s name. In REALITY,  it had been booked under the person who was not canceling, and to add insult to injury, they had booked under the free cheers package offer from 2020 and had a great cabin rate to boot. So without waiting for any response or confirmation from me, she took it upon herself to cancel the existing booking and rebooked for a rate that was almost $500 higher than the original cabin with NO CHEERS PACKAGE! I am absolutely livid! I immediately pointed out her mistake, but the damage had been done before she even sent the initial email. Her response was that she would “see what she could do”.  That was four hours ago and still no word. I can’t believe this has happened! Is there any recourse???

14 minutes ago, Bostwick girl said:

Only thing I know to do is call the main number and when you get someone, ask for Guest Resolutions.

I plan to do just that if I haven’t heard back from her by tomorrow. I just can’t believe that an experienced PVP would have done something so stupid!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bgcruising said:

I just book mine myself. 

In her case, didn’t matter who booked it. If she had wanted to make a change, she would have had to call Carnival anyway, and no telling these days what would have ended up happening!

Edited by Bostwick girl
Additional info

Hmm. I requested a change on a trip I booked on a similar rate, and my PVP actually had to elevate it twice with superiors to permit me to make changes without losing Cheers.  

While I'm not sure what your recourse is, I'd imagine your PVP wasn't aware of the consequences of changes on that rate, then tried to play it off as no big deal when it happened.  If I were in your shoes, I'd call the PVP back, explain the problem and request they fix it.  If they can't/won't, then ask for their supervisor.

I'm not sure if it can be fixed, but at least addressing it with the PVP who did it either gives them a chance to fix it, or a chance to involve supervision to prevent something like this from happening again at least.

At the very minimum, they shouldn't have made changes till they spelled out exactly what the consequences would be.

Good to hear. I’ve booked with a TA a handful of times, and whoever I make a change they go over any increase or decrease of cost with me before I do it. Hard to understand why your PVP would have completed the change with an extra $500 cost and not run that by you first.

• Like 1