Is the PCR test offered on the ship before we disembark, or at the Southampton pier? Is the Queen's Room Open for dancing?

gam888

We are considering going on the Queen Elizabeth in March. We are from Canada and we need a negative PCR test to be allowed to fly home. Does Cunard still offer a complimentary Rapid PCR test to the passengers? Is it done on the ship the day prior to disembarking, or is it offered at the Southampton pier? We are planning to fly back to Canada on the same day after we get off the ship. The flight leaves around 3pm. Wonder if we can get a rapid PCR test and have the result back in early afternoon before we get to the airport. 

Is the Queen's Room open for dancing like the pre-Covid days?  Is there still an orchestra there?  Do we have to wear a mask while sitting down at our table? I don't mind wearing a mask especially if we are going to be in a crowded room.  Does the Yacht Club still have a live band playing there and open for dancing?

Any folks who has recently sailed with Queen Elizabeth please share their onboard experience regarding the entertainment, food, is the theatre crowded during the shows, or are seats blocked off to create some social distancing?

Thank you for any response. 

Ballroom dancing in the Queens Room  at the moment ( February 2022  on QE and QM2)  is still a bit of a hit and miss. Dancing was previously permitted in the Queens Room & Yacht Club in mid August  through to January,  however, it was 'temporary' halted in mid January due to concerns with social distancing.

This will be something that you will have to managed on the day, hopefully things may change before your cruise in March.

We understand from those sailing on QM2 ( January/February) that dancing was permitted out on the open deck , including a live band, however, I doubt if it was practical for Ballroom dancing .  

Masks are worn when walking from one venue to another, they are not needed when sitting down in public bars, restaurants or out on the open decks, however, they are strictly enforced in the Royal court Theatre. 

Masks not required when sitting down to eat or drink.  Tests will not be available at the pier - only on board at a cost.  Food was fine.  On QE on 18 to 30 January cruise, sequence dancing was provided in the QR but masks had to be worn.  Masks in the theatre (strictly enforced) but some seats blocked off for distancing.  Hard to judge business as ship only 40% full.  As always, this is al subject to change at short notice.

Thank you everyone for replying my post. I am wondering if more folks could please share their recent experience on Queen Elizabeth or other Cunard ships especially regarding if ballroom dancing has resumed. One of the reasons why we enjoy cruising on the Cunard is the ballroom dancing, so it does play a big part on our decision making if Ballroom dancing is still on, or if it is limited.

47 minutes ago, barriedavis said:

Masks not required when sitting down to eat or drink.  Tests will not be available at the pier - only on board at a cost.  Food was fine.  On QE on 18 to 30 January cruise, sequence dancing was provided in the QR but masks had to be worn.  Masks in the theatre (strictly enforced) but some seats blocked off for distancing.  Hard to judge business as ship only 40% full.  As always, this is al subject to change at short notice.

Hi barriedavis, thank you for your reply. Could you please tell me, you mentioned in the Queen's Room there was sequence dancing on the voyage on QE on January 18-30. Was there "regular" ballroom dancing in the Queen's Room as well with the orchestra? 

Do you recall any dancing to the live band in the Yacht Club indoor? 

On 2/10/2022 at 7:30 PM, gam888 said:

Hi barriedavis, thank you for your reply. Could you please tell me, you mentioned in the Queen's Room there was sequence dancing on the voyage on QE on January 18-30. Was there "regular" ballroom dancing in the Queen's Room as well with the orchestra? 

Do you recall any dancing to the live band in the Yacht Club indoor? 

Checked the few Daily Progtammes I kept and can find no reference to ballroom dancing in QR or live band in the Yacht Club - only a duo and DJ