Explorer of the Seas... tips (not gratuities ​😉​)

DesireeC03

Heading to the Explorer this Sunday for the first time.  There are so few reviews of the Explorer (really enjoyed @Sea Dog review!  Will read again tonight.) - basically would love some pointers, must dos, must sees, hidden gems...

And I am a drink and listen to music at Boleros every evening gal - what would be a good alternative?

Thank you

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, JustSWIM208 said:

Since you've just sailed, did you need your passport? I booked this trip last night and the travel agent mentioned passports but we didn't expect to shell out more moneh for passports and to expedite them. Thanks!

Why would you book with a Travel Agent who couldn't answer your questions about travel documents???  That's just mind-boggling to me.

If you are a US citizen traveling on a closed-loop cruise leaving from the USA, you do not need a passport -- you can travel with an official birth certificate and a government-issued photo id (like a driver license). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

Why would you book with a Travel Agent who couldn't answer your questions about travel documents???  That's just mind-boggling to me.

If you are a US citizen traveling on a closed-loop cruise leaving from the USA, you do not need a passport -- you can travel with an official birth certificate and a government-issued photo id (like a driver license). 

It isn't a closed loop because it starts in Puerto Rico and ends in Miami. If I recall, closed loop is the same U.S port. I'm just worried about Antigua because it said they do need passport. 

35 minutes ago, JustSWIM208 said:

It isn't a closed loop because it starts in Puerto Rico and ends in Miami. If I recall, closed loop is the same U.S port. I'm just worried about Antigua because it said they do need passport. 

Then you did NOT book "this trip" (the same cruise/itinerary that the OP took) --  you booked a repositioning cruise, and yes, you will need a passport. 

Again, your travel agent should have explained all of this when you booked it.  

If you're on the April 2022 repo, you're going to need to hustle (and pay the expedited fee) to get passports in time -- things have been backlogged since COVID.