Ft Lauderdale cruise port to MIA

ssbeard1

That’s cutting it too close for me unless the ship arrives on time around 6:30AM and you are one of the first passengers off of the ship. Miami is a very busy airport. I would feel better if the flight home was after 12 noon.

I would too.   They used to have a 10:20 out of fll.    Now it’s 6:40 am nonstop.   MIA is the 10:40 and 7:50 Pm nonstop. We have a 2 hr drive home after that and with a teacher and 2 young kids  who need to be at school the next day 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️     We are good at getting off ship  with our own luggage the minute we can. My concern is an accident on interstate— we ran into that several years ago ( though we weren’t rushed for time ) and were going from mia to FLL.   Another positive is we will have carry on only.  

3 hours ago, ssbeard1 said:

I would too.   They used to have a 10:20 out of fll.    Now it’s 6:40 am nonstop.   MIA is the 10:40 and 7:50 Pm nonstop. We have a 2 hr drive home after that and with a teacher and 2 young kids  who need to be at school the next day 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️     We are good at getting off ship  with our own luggage the minute we can. My concern is an accident on interstate— we ran into that several years ago ( though we weren’t rushed for time ) and were going from mia to FLL.   Another positive is we will have carry on only.  

Do look at the Tri-Rail schedules to see what times they have southbound departures from the Tri-Rail/Amtrak station near FLL. Their trains end at Miami Airport. Be sure to differentiate between the weekday schedule and Sat/Sun schedules depending on what day of the week your cruise ends.

• Thanks 1

For a 10:40 Flight you need to be at MIA by about 9:00.  With the drive from PE to MIA taking about an hour, depending upon traffic, that translates into off the ship with bags, and clear of customs/immigration, and loaded into a taxi by before 8:00.  No wiggle room and lots of opportunities for things to go wrong.

Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home?  Find a later flight, or spend another day on vacation and fly home the following morning. 😎

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2022 at 4:37 PM, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

Do look at the Tri-Rail schedules to see what times they have southbound departures from the Tri-Rail/Amtrak station near FLL. Their trains end at Miami Airport. Be sure to differentiate between the weekday schedule and Sat/Sun schedules depending on what day of the week your cruise ends.

I never would've considered the Tri-Rail. Thanks for suggesting this!

• Like 1